Sign in to follow this  
Heck

Can't see canoe or strobe in RA-5C

Just downloaded and installed following the instructions, now that the plane has been properly documented. Unfortunately, the canoe and strobe don't show up in external view. I use weapons pack 6, so I added the proper lines to both the weaponsdata.ini and the weaponsdata_vietnam.ini found in the pack, but the weapons refuse to show, even though the bitmaps, lods, etc., are all in their proper place. Can anyone help? I don't think I've done anything wrong during the installation, but I'm still a little new to this.

Guest capun

You need to add the entries to the weaponsdata.ini and then load the Weapons Editor to save a new weaponsdata.dat (check spelling)

You need to add the entries to the weaponsdata.ini and then load the Weapons Editor to save a new weaponsdata.dat (check spelling)

Thanks!

I'm really stumped, Capun. As per the readme with this airplane, I changed my weaponsdata.ini's last entry from this:

[WeaponData540]

TypeName=Tank370_F4C

FullName=370-gal DT Cammo

ModelName=tank370_f4C

Mass=1230.619995

Diameter=0.620000

Length=6.160000

AttachmentType=

NationName=

StartYear=0

EndYear=0

Availability=0

BaseQuantity=0

Exported=FALSE

ExportStartYear=0

ExportAvailability=0

WeaponDataType=5

MaxFuelAmount=1090.910034

Asymmetrical=FALSE

to this:

[WeaponData540]

TypeName=Tank370_F4C

FullName=370-gal DT Cammo

ModelName=tank370_f4C

Mass=1230.619995

Diameter=0.620000

Length=6.160000

AttachmentType=

NationName=

StartYear=0

EndYear=0

Availability=0

BaseQuantity=0

Exported=FALSE

ExportStartYear=0

ExportAvailability=0

WeaponDataType=5

MaxFuelAmount=1090.910034

Asymmetrical=FALSE

[WeaponData541]

TypeName=Canoe

FullName=Canoe

ModelName=Canoe

Mass=720.000000

Diameter=1.000000

Length=4.821000

AttachmentType=USN

NationName=USN

StartYear=1965

EndYear=2020

Availability=2

BaseQuantity=50

Exported=FALSE

ExportStartYear=0

ExportAvailability=0

WeaponDataType=4

JammerType=0

JammerStrength=0.000000

[WeaponData542]

TypeName=Strobe

FullName=Strobe

ModelName=Strobe

Mass=100.000000

Diameter=1.000000

Length=4.821000

AttachmentType=USN

NationName=USN

StartYear=1965

EndYear=2020

Availability=2

BaseQuantity=50

Exported=FALSE

ExportStartYear=0

ExportAvailability=0

WeaponDataType=4

JammerType=0

JammerStrength=0.000000

and then save and close it. But when I run the weapons editor and open the weaponsdata.ini, it does not see anything past the F-4C drop tank. The new additions do not show up in the weapons editor, and I can't figure out why. I'm following MK2's instructions on using the weapons editor, which I found in the sticky thread here. The weapons editor sees every other weapon in the .ini except the two that I added. All the files were added to the proper folders, per the readme, and the plane works fine, just not these two weapons. And I can't seem to add them. Any ideas on what I might be screwing up?

Boy, was this a DUH moment. It helps to look for, download, and use, the latest versions of tools like the weapons editor. The old version of the file I was originally using (found elsewhere) was causing all of my headaches. As soon as I downloaded and used the one here....

..... well, duh.....

Ps: Thanks, Capun, for helping even idiots like me :)

Oh sorry, I couldn't help you before, but I'm sure glad that everything's worked out...

Edited by rhugouvi

Oh sorry, I couldn't help you before, but I'm sure glad that everything's worked out...

No problem, Rhugouvi. Being a newbie, I make my share of mistakes (read lots of mistakes), but I've come to find here, unlike other forums for other sims, where I've posted and never received any response to my questions, usually I have help here within twenty-four of my asking. And given how active and busy this community is, modding two sims that are a couple of years old, that's a truly phenomenal response time. When I find my own solution to something, even if it's a "doh" moment like this one, I post my solution here in hopes that other newbies might find a solution they're looking for, so the modders have time to do what they do best, and not have to come up with answers to twenty questions from SAM bait like me.

Like any newbie here, I appreciate what I'm getting for free. Because when I bought WOV it didn't have:

every weapon ever created, it seems

flying for "Uncle Ho"

the A-5b

the RA-5c

infantry in CAS missions

the Mid East

Korea

two types of F-104's

the ability to take recce photos

Mirages, Mirages, Mirages

Sabres and Cougars and Panthers, oh My!

a flyable Buff??!!!

radio chatter taken directly from history

etc.

The list is really too long to mention! And keeps growing longer every day. I now have four sims on this computer, all different, when I only bought one. So, hopefully, I won't have too many more "duh" moments, so the modders can do they're work. But if I do, I'll still post the answers I find, in hopes that others can benefit from my crash and burn experiences....