Sign in to follow this  
Taitennek

AAR Sino-Soviet Battleset for PDB 5.9.7.

[spoiler ALERT]

Scenario: The hunt for Red Xia

Author: Herman Hum / Claudio Magnatti

AAR by: Frans Koenz

Side : Russia

The story.

The counter-offensive is almost ready but, prior to making this move, the Chinese nuclear option must be eliminated first. Thanks to strong co-operation from US intelligence, the defensive arrangement of the two nuclear sites along with the position of the Chinese SSBN has been obtained. A coordinated attack has been prepared and the Xia must be sunk within 30 minutes from the air attack on the missile silos in order to avoid a nuclear response.

My orders:

Proceed to the reference point and sink the the SSBN Xia in co-ordination with the pre-planned air strike on the Chinese ICBM sites. The air strikes are scheduled for 02:30h June 22. You must destroy the Xia by 03:00h.

The SSBN may be sunk earlier if you have the opportunity, but NOT earlier than 01:00h. Otherwise the Chinese could retaliate with their ICBM?s.

Destruction of the SSBN is paramount, ALL OTHER CONSIDERATIONS ARE SUBSIDIARY??..

Stage 1: Approach.

Game start: 21 June 2010, 05:00?.

I?m in command of the Gepard, an Akula-II (Project PLA-971M) class nuclear submarine and positioned ±180 miles away from the reference point in the southern part of the Yellow sea at a depth of 60m.

Almost immediately my sensors picked up several surface contacts, commercial and military, west and southwest from my position. I realised that a direct course to the reference point could give away my position. So, I first plotted a northerly course to avoid direct contact with Chinese ASW-units.

From-time-to-time, I rose to periscope depth for position checks and discovered Chinese ASW-aircraft searching for my submarine. After several hours of manoeuvring, I reached a position northwest of the reference-point, distance: about 25 miles.

Stage 2: Attack.

It was clear that I had surprised the Chinese, because there were no surface vessels in the area that could prevent me attacking their SSBN. Soon my sensors discovered the SSBN Xia and I closed in very carefully. At this point my submarine was very vulnerable to detection because there was no room for vertical manoeuvres (30m depth). Finally, at 02:00h, 21 hours after game start, I fired 2 USET-80 wired-guided torpedoes and managed to sink the Red Xia, realising that a big part of the Yellow Sea would be polluted for many years. The torpedoes were the only 2 weapons fired in this scenario.

Mission Accomplished. I reached Victory Conditions within time.

Another exiting scenario to play, thanks to the designers! :good:

THIS SCENARIO REQUIRES PDB 5.9.7.

You can get it at:

szologo47ty.gifSZO file archives - Home of the Harpoon3 PlayersDB

badger0ma.th.jpgFilesOfScenShare

hgbanner33xr.jpgHarpGamer.com - Home of the HCDB.

www.taitennek.nl