Sign in to follow this  
Guest zerocinco

post patch help

Guest zerocinco

All my non WOV guns are skinless now. I can look at the hex files and don't see anything I recognize as a usable .bmp file name.

I cannot get certain "special" guns to work. In fact, I cannot get the Gun Editor to do anything but flash in DOS and disappear. Things just added to the txt file seem to have no effect.

Man this is weird. I had other things in mind to do.

Overwhelming to the point of blowing it off.

To get the gun editor up and running again, right click on the editor and select "properties". Select the "compatability" tab and click "Windows 98/ Windows ME". The same will go for the weapon editor...

I'm pretty sure the skin for the gun has to be defined in the .ini in the same manner as aircraft skins. One of you groundobject gurus correct me if I'm wrong here. The .ini should have something like this included:

[TextureSet001]

Directory=Green

Name=Green

Nation=Soviet

Specular=0.300000

Glossiness=0.850000

Reflection=0.000000

In this case, the .bmp for the skin would go into a folder called "Green". You could also have more than one skin for each object wothout the need to hex edit the .lod by giving it another entry like this:

[TextureSet002]

Directory=Camo

Name=Camo

Nation=Soviet

Specular=0.300000

Glossiness=0.850000

Reflection=0.000000

Edited by Bunyap

Guest Diego

Run the editor in Win98 compatability mode.

Guest zerocinco

Thanks. Gun Editor wasn't set for Windows98 as you said. Got my smoke grenade and death ray back. Still messing with gun skins. Some do. Some don't. I think it has to do with what is in the Green folder. They aren't all the same. Time to peek into the hex I guess.

Thanks again.

Some of this stuff is a lot more interesting with those clouds.

A lot.

Guest zerocinco

Just don't have the right .bmp file for the AAA guns anymore. What .bmp file does the ZU-23 use? Cannot find it in the Objects file. Or is it a ZU-23-2 or something?