Sign in to follow this  
Wood

mission time period

whats the time period in KMD for? every time i try to select a more recent time period for a mission and then save it reverts back to 1968.

Guest zerocinco

You have to save A LOT OF TIMES. A LOT. That determines the sun position, the ability to use certain weapons, aircraft, targets and defenses. PUt in the date and APPLY, SAVE ALL. Then do it again. And just for grins, do it again. Not that much but you have to pay attention to saving each change....especially the Player check box.

thanks

another thing im trying to do but cant is to make the f-19 carry AAQ-14 lantirn pod so that i can drop LGBs but for some reason it doesnt show up in the loadout list.

i've changed the loadout ini but i think i have to change something in the data ini probably concerning the rack or pylon.

does anyone know how to do it?

thanks

another thing im trying to do but cant is to make the f-19 carry AAQ-14 lantirn pod so that i can drop LGBs but for some reason it doesnt show up in the loadout list.

i've changed the loadout ini but i think i have to change something in the data ini probably concerning the rack or pylon.

does anyone know how to do it?

I'm not sure, but I think you need to edit the DATA.ini in order for it to appear. The AAQ-14 would need a LP (stands for Laser Pod) in the weapons station such as this in the A-4F_DATA.ini:

[LeftWingStationOutboard]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=1

StationGroupID=1

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-2.91,0.90,-0.82

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=544.32

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,RP,CGR,IRM,ARM,TER<----Add "LP" here

AttachmentType=USN

ModelNodeName=LeftWing_OuterPylon

PylonMass=55

PylonDragArea=0.02

LaunchRailNodeName=MissileRail_L

LaunchRailHeight=0.10

You can find that in the Weapons Stations section of you DATA.ini. If this doesn't work, then check the Weapons_Pack.pdf in you main folder (if you installed the weapons pack)

LP was exactly what i was looking for thanks, it works now but i still have a problem. The stupid bombs arent guided at all, they allways miss. am i missing something? (besides the target)

LP was exactly what i was looking for thanks, it works now but i still have a problem. The stupid bombs arent guided at all, they allways miss. am i missing something? (besides the target)

Which bombs are you using? The GBU-** ones should work.

EDIT: Look at the Weapons Delivery Manual

Edited by jtin

only the GBU-12D/B seem to work, the GBU-16 doesnt neither do the laser guided BDUs

I went on a ride to the Range terrain in an A-10 full of GBU-16s. I hope this will help you:

post-10723-1148922495_thumb.jpg

At takeoff

post-10723-1148922537_thumb.jpg

Target

post-10723-1148922570_thumb.jpg

Target on TV screen (gotta love it!)

post-10723-1148922602_thumb.jpg

Dropping bombs

post-10723-1148922635_thumb.jpg

Target hit!

post-10723-1148922657_thumb.jpg

As you can see, the bomb did miss by a bit (on the top), so you may get a miss once in a while.

I hope this helped you!

PS- I use easy on both radar and weapons. If this doesn't help you, then oh well. (I just did it for the screenies!)