Sign in to follow this  
Firecage

Firecage Plane Fest 3.1

Firecage Plane Fest 3.1

Get it here

• Sopwith Triplane added !

• Quite a few of Bortdafarm’s planes are back. There are new FM’s available at combatace. If you wish to fly the original FMs the campaign will fly just as well, its your choice :dntknw:

• More variation on Bombers You may see in action.

• 1 German squad that’s on a faster rate of plane upgrades in Jasta 6. This squad will be using a lot of Bortdafarm’s planes. There will be roughly 1 month intervals for the first year.

• New upgrade tables for AI bombers. There have been a lot of bomber releases lately and I have added them all into the Fest.

• As well there are many 2 seater bombers in action now such as the BE2, Be2A & BE2D, The Fish, Fokker BI, Pfalz DI, and the Halb. Most of these are in AI form but I am working to add them to flyable squads as I get time.

• Make sure and read the plane list as there are many additions.

Please read the squads_readme.txt in the zip as well for plane upgrade lists. :biggrin:

HalberstadtDII

FokkerBI

FokkerBII

FokkerDII

FokkerDIII

FokkerDIIIL

FokkerEIII

FokkerEIV

PfalzBI

Sopwith Triplane

Fe2B

Br14

Nieuport11

Nieuport17

N24

N24bis

N28

SPAD7, 12, 13 conversion

HP400

BE-2

BE-2A

BE-2D

Dh2

Pup

Camel

CamelF1

SE5a

Dolphin

Walfisch

Staaken

AviatikC2

DFWC5

GothaVI

PfalzD3

AlbatrosD1, 2, 3 conversion

AlbatrosD5a

SchuckertD3

Dr1

Edited by Firecage

Awesome! Thanks for your effort. I can't wait. I find the campaigns to be much more engaging and you have added a lot to this game, and so have so many others. (Yes, I have another life, but this one is fun too, thanks to chaps like you!)

Good book to read: "The Canvas Falcons" by Stephan Longstreet (1970). IMHO, you really get a picture of the times. Each chapter paints quite a unique picture (how the first pilots engaged the Zeps, for example). Most of us here are REALLY into the technical capabilities of the aircraft, but this book fills it in with the personalities that flew these machines, and the author illuminates the world condition at the time. Much of the content is from actual pilots, and plane builders like Fokker, and their experiences. Letters to Mom even (the Baron). Reports from Mannock, and others. Longstreet even talks about what happened when they go home on leave. It is honest and amazing. I am reading it for the second time. Cheers!

FC, thanks again for the quick turn around on Fest 3.1...

Can hardly wait to get past the first AC in any squadron though, the fest updates just keep coming before I can! Glad to see the early Fokkers are back in, they are terrific targets for the Pup :diablo:

Just curious why the Zeppelin Draken has not be incorporated? Was it such a rare bird you decided to keep it out?

Awesome! Thanks for your effort. I can't wait. I find the campaigns to be much more engaging and you have added a lot to this game, and so have so many others. (Yes, I have another life, but this one is fun too, thanks to chaps like you!)

Good book to read: "The Canvas Falcons" by Stephan Longstreet (1970). IMHO, you really get a picture of the times. Each chapter paints quite a unique picture (how the first pilots engaged the Zeps, for example). Most of us here are REALLY into the technical capabilities of the aircraft, but this book fills it in with the personalities that flew these machines, and the author illuminates the world condition at the time. Much of the content is from actual pilots, and plane builders like Fokker, and their experiences. Letters to Mom even (the Baron). Reports from Mannock, and others. Longstreet even talks about what happened when they go home on leave. It is honest and amazing. I am reading it for the second time. Cheers!

Another good book, and probably another good thread; They fought for the skys, Quentin Reynolds.

In this book, the great air expeditions and conflicts of WWI are given in anecdotal style. Reynolds got in contact with surviving aces or people that knew them, Ball, Boelcke, Strange, McCudden, Bishop, Richtofen and Mannock are seen throughout the letters they sent back.

what an advert. Still, Reynolds is dead so its not like he can cash in!

Another good book, and probably another good thread; They fought for the skys, Quentin Reynolds.

In this book, the great air expeditions and conflicts of WWI are given in anecdotal style. Reynolds got in contact with surviving aces or people that knew them, Ball, Boelcke, Strange, McCudden, Bishop, Richtofen and Mannock are seen throughout the letters they sent back.

what an advert. Still, Reynolds is dead so its not like he can cash in!

This is on my list. Thanks!

You could have my copy if I could find the damn thing. Its been MIA in the attic for about 5 years. Probably playing russian roulette with an old Viz annual by now.

Hi Firecage,

What did I do wrong? I can't get an EIV update to the EIII when I go past the date to update with Jasta 6. These Fe2Bs are murdering me. The EIV is functional in the mission level. Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

SRT

SRT: Ok I will run that squadron again tonight and see if I get that to happen. There are some campaign variables in the ini files you may wish to vary that could be keeping planes from getting to your squad.

Just for your knowledge here is a section from the best resource I have been given about working the ini files.

[CampaignData]

StartDate=09/01/1959 - This is the first day of the campaign.

StartDateDeviation=30 - This entry randomizes the start date. Set it to 0 for the campaign to start

at the same date every time.

ForceWithInitiative=0 - I'm not sure exactly what it does. The entry will correspond to one of the

"forces" defined below.

MaxMissions=30 - Number of missions until the campaign automatically ends.

NormalMissionRate=360 - The number of days between missions when no ground offensives are in

progress.

NormalMissionRateDeviation=120 - Not sure. I think it randomizes the number of days between

missions.

OffensiveMissionRate=45 - The number of days between missions when a ground offensive is in

progress.

OffensiveMissionRateDeviation=30 - Same as NormalMissionRateDeviation.

CampaignEndWinScreen=Winner1.bmp - The .bmp file within the same folder displayed when the

campaign is won.

CampaignEndLoseScreen=Loser1.bmp - The .bmp file within the same folder displayed when the

campaign is lost.

CampaignEndStallScreen=Loser1.bmp - The .bmp file within the same folder displayed when the

campaign is a draw.

CampaignEndWinText=Campaign1Win.txt - The .txt file within the same folder displayed when

the campaign is won.

CampaignEndLoseText=Campaign1Lose.txt - The .txt file within the same folder displayed when

the campaign is lost.

CampaignEndStallText=Campaign1Stall.txt - The .txt file within the same folder displayed when

the campaign is a draw.

and another one

Morale=70 - I think it is the force's starting morale level.

Supply=25 - I think it is the force's starting supply level.

NormalSupplyRate=20 - Rate in which units are resupplied when no offensives are in progress.

OffensiveSupplyRate=-20 - Rate in which a unit uses supplies when conducting a ground

offensive.

DefensiveSupplyRate=-5 - Rate in which a unit uses supplies while defending against a ground

offensive.

SupplyForOffensive=90 - Supply level required for a ground offensive to start. I don't know if this

applies to the entire force or individual units.

AircraftReplacementTime=240 - Number of days between aircraft replacements.

AircraftReplacement=60 - percentage of planes replaced based on a 16 plane squadron

GroundUnitReplacementTime=360 - Number of days between ground unit replacements.

GroundUnitReplacement=100 - Something to do with the number of ground units received as

replacements. Possibly the number of units replaced per replacement cycle

RandomTransportType=ANY - No idea.

WeaponResupplyTime=180 - Number of days between weapon resupply.

I use this manual pretty much all the time when im designing. It may not be perfect since its for another thord wire sim but its so close I bet on it most every time.

if you want the whole thing its at Charle's EAW and SF site at the very botto of the page is a link to the file. That is all his code and info from the doc in the link. All I can take credit for is leading ya there 8)

Thanks for all the info, Firecage. I would like to muck these up sometime. I might have caused a problem selecting a "short" campaing. Resetting back to normal.

Yep, that was it, I think. I set the campaign length to "Normal" and around April 20, the EIV showed up. Cheers!

Just curious why the Zeppelin Draken has not be incorporated? Was it such a rare bird you decided to keep it out?

Do you mean the Staaken? The Drakens are the observation balloons in game I think and its controlled spawn by the game, or at least I haven't found a way to call them up from the campaign.

As for the Staaken its in there in the AI bomber sections.

If theres a model I dont know about please drop me a link for it in here.

Do you mean the Staaken? ...

As for the Staaken its in there in the AI bomber sections.

If theres a model I dont know about please drop me a link for it in here.

Yes, the Staaken... I realized the mix up later but didn't bother...

I could be misguided, but it may not be on your readme AC list... Of course, those who can access it likely have it.

Been playing 3.1 from the British and French sides, it is a load of fun, thanks!!!

The Staaken should start showing up around mid April 1918. Its set into a few squads of AI bomber groups.

My biggest problem so far is not dying of Flak before i can get to some of the planes. 90% of my deaths are in offensive missions and Flak nails me.

This is weird,

I installed all the planes but one of the German starting units(last Jasta in selection) uses the Pflaz EIIIAO.I have this plane installed but when I start the mission it says Ill be using the Moraine instead and it starts the mission in this allied plane.Whats wrong here?

Check you PM box I sent you a PM on this :clapping: