Sign in to follow this  
Pancho

Adding A-4s in Taiwan Straits 1958?

Taiwan Straits 1958 has always been one of my favorite add-on campaigns. It’s got a real Cold War feel to it, with the Nationalist and Communist Chinese forces squaring off, and the US forces caught in the middle. Edward did a great job.

Recently, I learned that some US Navy A-4 Skyhawk squadrons were deployed during the actual crisis in 1958. Since the Scooter is one of my favorite rides, I figured I’d add it to the mod.

Skyhawks work fine in single missions. And I managed to convert one of the attack squadrons in the campaign from FJ Furies. Skyhawks show up properly in the campaign mission menus, the loadout screen and such. However, when you launch the mission the darn planes keep blowing up on the flight deck.

Tried everything I know, and it just won't work. Even added the CVA-63 from WOV. That almost worked -- the A-4s fell through the flight deck, instead of blowing up. Weird.

Not a big deal, I still enjoy flying the campaign. But it bugs me that I can’t add those A-4s. It shouldn’t be that difficult. For instance, I added Razbam’s payware A-1 to the Taiwan Straits campaign without any problems. Must be something simple that I’m doing wrong.

Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks!

Have a look in the aircraft's data.ini and make sure this is there:

CarrierBased=TRUE

Edited by The_Editor