Sign in to follow this  
Beer

Global Conflict Blue (gcb)

Discovered this while surfing for H4 info

m2525b_screenshot_1.thumb.jpg

Global Conflict Blue (GCB)

Global Conflict Blue (GCB) is a large-scale military strategy game modeling naval and air combat along with a taste of the logistical and diplomatic aspects of war. The goal is a scaleable multiplayer game that can handle scenarios ranging from simple engagements playable in 30 minutes to massive campaigns contested over weeks.

Features:

Global map - The entire surface of the earth (to 1 km resolution) is available for play. A compression algorithm is used to keep memory and processing demands to a minimum to make this possible.

Server-based multiplayer play - The server provides save and restore capability that allows a halted game to be continued from a network-stable image. Players and observers can drop out and reconnect.

Flexible time-scaling - Time acceleration and negotiated no-conflict jumps in time in campaign mode are supported to keep game pace at an exciting level.

Full serialization - The game can be saved at any time to be continued later. Saved games can also be used in the mission editor as the starting point for new scenarios.

Advanced sensor modeling - Radar scan, sub-clutter visibility, stealth, aspect-dependent RCS, ESM detection and classification of emitters, EA jamming and deception, sonar propagation --numerous modeling elements are incorporated to provide a high level of realism.

Large-scale design - Capability to handle 1000+ units to support complex engagements.

Campaign mode - Diplomatic and logistic features are enabled to recreate the feel of real war. Choose your countries. Build your military, forge alliances, sign treaties, and prepare for battle. The world is yours to win or lose.

m2525b_screenshot_1.jpg

http://www.globalsimulations.com/index.htm

A quick look at the site and I discovered a test build is availible for DL :)

This is an open source sim so if you have any talent to offer send them an email!

Cheers

Beer

Saved the link, will keep an eye on this one. I am trying to decide which file exactly it is that I can download and tryout thier build.

I tried it, it has potential, the interface was fairly good, I was able to figure out how to do the basics pretty quickly, the flyouts for each menu cover what they need to, the scenerio has a British carrier and a few harriers airborne, with a couple of patrol boats as picket ships; there were some unknown contacts to the NW. The flyout menu is the major controls with the radar being selectable from the Sensor Status window, also the heading speed and alt can be controlled by using the graphical sliders under the description of the of the selected object (I liked this better than the flyout menu).

The file is the x4 build and is just under 7 megs

http://gcblue.sourceforge.net/files/GCB_X4portC.zip

The windows on the screen had low poly versions of their representive platforms that you view from any angle. The units displayed graphically you could see make their heading changes and you would see the Harriers through their approach when ordered to land.

Still has a long way to go but the basics are getting there. The test build is playable for at least one scenerio.

CHeers

Beer