Sign in to follow this  
godzilla1985

Control stick wont work in FE with Nov patch

Hi Guys need some help here. I had to do a reinstall of FE (DD). I patched up to the lastest patch now my Saitek controller won't work. All the mapped buttons work but I have no flight controls. I did initalize the sticks in the options screen, but when I go to a mission they don't work. One thing that was weird, when I uninstalled and then reinstalled FE and the latest patch for some reason the game saved my custom configurations in the options menu from the previous installation, so it's looks like I have missed a config. file when I did the FE uninstall. I'm not sure how that happened since I did the uninstall from the FE game uninstall application and I did a search after the uninstall to make sure no files were left behind (I didn't find any) Is there a easy work around for this or will I have to do another uninstall/reinstall? If I do have to reinstall FE where might this config. file be hidden at? Also I have SF/WOE/WOV installed on my computer, could this be a problem?

Edited by godzilla1985

It happens to me sometimes, but either by reinitializing the joystick mapper, or by reasigning it in the otions menu of First eagles, always end by working.

I also have WoE/WoI installed, all in the "thirdwire" directory.

Normally, if the options menu shows the axes of your joystick, it should work, no?

It happens to me sometimes, but either by reinitializing the joystick mapper, or by reasigning it in the otions menu of First eagles, always end by working.

I also have WoE/WoI installed, all in the "thirdwire" directory.

Normally, if the options menu shows the axes of your joystick, it should work, no?

Hi nixarass,

Yeah this is kind of weird. I checked all my other Thirdwire installed games and no problems with the joysticks there. I have done the joysick recconition in the options menu of FE (both for default and my personal config.), and recalibrated my sticks in Saiteks config program. But it seems once I go to play a mission/quick mission or campaign the options menu of the controllers reverts back, in the default it goes back to keyboard control and in my personal config. it shows "undefined" under all the control axis. I'm leaning towards doing a reinstall and staying with the October patch, but I'm not sure how many installs you get on a electronic downloaded game.

Hi nixarass,

Yeah this is kind of weird. I checked all my other Thirdwire installed games and no problems with the joysticks there. I have done the joysick recconition in the options menu of FE (both for default and my personal config.), and recalibrated my sticks in Saiteks config program. But it seems once I go to play a mission/quick mission or campaign the options menu of the controllers reverts back, in the default it goes back to keyboard control and in my personal config. it shows "undefined" under all the control axis. I'm leaning towards doing a reinstall and staying with the October patch, but I'm not sure how many installs you get on a electronic downloaded game.

Problem solved! Found a Thirdwire folder in my Vista Admin profile, deleted it, reinstalled FE and Nov patch and everything is working as it should :good:

I was suspecting a ghost settings file somewhere, but was nealry sure there were not.

Now i know there is one. Good thing for you.

Ps: Did you receive my mail?