Sign in to follow this  
Wildfowler

Camel FM

What MOI numbers are you using guys?

On the 130 Camel, The adjustments I've settled on (for the time being anyway) are:

MomentOfInertia=-18.10 (Which gives a half decent pull to the right, yet still allows you to take off, just so long as you use full left stick and rudder.)

Also, after a bit of testing, I decided to go back to a slight restriction of the left turn by using these settings for the rudder:

MaxDeflection=32.0

MinDeflection=-18.0

I've tried changing the "GyroscopicInertia" settings, trying to simulate the "nose up" left turn and the "nose down" right turn, but not been able to get that to work.

I'd be interested to hear what settings you're all using.

Bucky

Re: the gyro thing. This is where I decided I wasn't seeing what I thought. I think increasing it tends to cause the A/C to keep its nose pointed in the direction its pointed. So if you are nose up in a turn the nose will tend more to stay up and your tail will tend to slip into the turn. Maybe... Try -700. :biggrin:

What MOI numbers are you using guys?

On the 130 Camel, The adjustments I've settled on (for the time being anyway) are:

MomentOfInertia=-18.10 (Which gives a half decent pull to the right, yet still allows you to take off, just so long as you use full left stick and rudder.)

Also, after a bit of testing, I decided to go back to a slight restriction of the left turn by using these settings for the rudder:

MaxDeflection=32.0

MinDeflection=-18.0

I've tried changing the "GyroscopicInertia" settings, trying to simulate the "nose up" left turn and the "nose down" right turn, but not been able to get that to work.

I'd be interested to hear what settings you're all using.

Bucky

Mine is set up as Tailspin describes in his last tweaking. Seems good!

We have to remember we are tyring to use an early 21st Century computer to replicate an early 20th Century aircraft!!

It's going to be hard to get it to just right. Also I think how you "Feel" an aircraft should fly dictates whether you like a certain FM or not. If you can fly in real life that again puts another perspective on what you enjoy.

I think maybe it works better if your torque and gyroscopic inertia are opposite +/- wise. You guys can try it different ways with different values. I've gone up as high as +/-750. I still can't get off the ground at high torque values. Wildfowler...are you getting the same impressions I get about the handling? Does it seem to skid around a bit more?