Sign in to follow this  
mikeymead

Question about MFD's and gauge needles

Hi, I'm trying to update the Italian AMXs and I'm using the Cockpits from both AV-8Bs as replacements as they seem the most suitable.

The only problem that I have had is that I would like to remove the nozzle angle gauge and make a small adjustment to the MFD on the AV-8BDA pit.

I've removed the numbers for the nozzle gauge on Bitmap and removed all the entries pertaining to it in the cockpit data ini but the needle still shows up?

On the MFD side I would like to add a second centre store symbol and also reposition them so they sit next to each other. Is this possible via Ini editing or does the lod need to be altered.

Many thanks

Mikeymead :good:

well, i think the most suitable cockpit for this task is the F-15C one.

well, i think the most suitable cockpit for this task is the F-15C one.

Thanks for the reply Silverbolt, not quite the answer I was hoping for.

I've looked at the F-15C pit, it is probably more similar. Though I don't think that the MFD works on it (If I'm wrong please point me in the direction of the fix as I can't find one.)

In fact I think the stock F-15A pit is even more suitable for the early AMX if the Radar display could be changed to an MFD but my knowledge of these things is too limited. :dntknw:

Just a quick bump but it doesn't look like I'm going to have any luck with this one, never mind. :sad:

Hi, I'm trying to update the Italian AMXs and I'm using the Cockpits from both AV-8Bs as replacements as they seem the most suitable.

The only problem that I have had is that I would like to remove the nozzle angle gauge and make a small adjustment to the MFD on the AV-8BDA pit.

I've removed the numbers for the nozzle gauge on Bitmap and removed all the entries pertaining to it in the cockpit data ini but the needle still shows up?

On the MFD side I would like to add a second centre store symbol and also reposition them so they sit next to each other. Is this possible via Ini editing or does the lod need to be altered.

Many thanks

Mikeymead :good:

Mike,

Any mesh can be moved either up down or left right...most times folks to make things 'disappear' will move them down 100 meters. Removing the entry in the cockpit.ini file just removes how the sim engine manipulates it, it doesn't make it disappear.

As far as MFDs go, it honestly depends how it's setup. Usually, making things appear and disappear is a matter of meeting certain conditions for it. I'm not sure if you can move stuff on the MFD and yet have the symbols still work properly.

FC