Sign in to follow this  
joseriscal

Help on building a Helicopter

Good morning all

I'm building a CH-53 model for SFP1 using 3DS Max 7. The conversion to LOD (using the conversion tool available in this site) was fine, but I'm having trouble to build the correct hyerarchy in order to make (for example) the landing gears to work accordingly. Also I have trouble trying to adapt the xxx_data.ini file from other helos to my model. I would appreciate if someone could help me in one of the following ways

a) taking the model and making it to work appropriately (I'll be glad to share the .Max or .3DS files)

b) indicating me where is a good tutorial to allow me to make it by myself

Thanks for the attention

jriscal

hi buddy! this is how i do.....

first of all, check your data file to see how the gears are described, if they are retractable or fixed.find the exact diameter of the wheels to make them stay as they should in ground! then in the model try to have the wheels in pairs, but named with the name of one(f.ex. front wheel will be the union of the 2 front wheels)use front gear, left gear,nose gear for these complexes, left gear leg, right gear leg and nose gear leg for the suspensions.connect gears with legs and legs with the suitable wheels(in wheels pair pivot must be centered). put the gear animations in same frame(1-10), and in separate for the suspension animations11-20 for nose gear, 21-30 for left gear, 31-40 for right gear),but they strangely have to be inverted to function as they should :) . check if the animations in the model are the same described at the wheels in data file.for last have a look at data file to see where the gears are connected:i prefer to connect them directly to declared meshes ( fuselage) but they must be declared as systems to the piece[Fuselage]------SystemName[001]=NoseGear, SystemName[002]=LeftGear,SystemName[003]=RightGear.i hope that resolves many issues