Sign in to follow this  

I have finally figured out how to add messages to tracks in my campaign. Even got the timing down. Thanks go to Extreme_one for his excellent British campaign. I looked in his folder to see how he had done it and it all suddenly made sense.

But I have a question; How can I view my tracks WITH the messages without going thru my campaign? I might still want to edit them. I used the record viewer in-game but it doesnt show the messages. I tried adding the MSG files into the records folder and then do playback but that didnt seem to help, still no messages.

Any suggestions? Thanks fellas...

Got it answered on the IL2 Mission builder forum. Seems I can put the track and MSG file in the training folder, edit the all.ini file to include the track, viola! Now, if I can just get the tracks to play in color instead of BW in the campaign itself.

My campaign has been renamed Balaton and now has 18 missions and 5 movies. The last mission I worked on tonight is an attempt at intercepting an enemy night time intruder; the classic "washing machine charlie" scenario. You should see the searchlites and flak; very cool. ;)