Sign in to follow this  
WildAnimal

SF2 Dec2009 Combo pack, is it merged?

Hi everybody.

I did buy the SF2 Dec2009 Combo pack.

1. Are the install automatic Merged? (how does this work?)

2. How/can iI make all 4 games use the same MOD folder? so i dont have to install all planes 4 times in each games MOD folder?

3. Same problem as above, why do i have to make custom controls for all 4 different games?, why cant they all just use the same folder to get the custom key setup?

1. The games are automatically merged upon installation.

2. Each individual .exe (e.g. SF2, SF2: Europe, SF2: Vietnam, SF2: Isreal) is capable of launching any campaign or mission from ANY of the games. So, for me, I use only the SF2.exe to play all of my campaigns or missions. This means you only have to put your mods into one of the folders (in my case the SF2 mod folder under user\saved games). The custom controls are then likewise stored under that SF2.exe

I believe (but may be wrong on) the upside then is you could apply different mods to different .exe files and have them separated. So you could play the stock Vietnam campaign by launching the main SF2.exe. Then if you apply the Air/Ground expansion pack to the SF2:Vietnam folder, you can launch the mod using the SF2Vietnam.exe (keeping the stock campaign around without being touched).

I installed the NATO mod campaign in the SF2:E mod folder along with F-5 add-on plane, and use SF2:europe to launch.

If i used the "normal" SF2 game i can still use my F-5? or what?

IF i installed my F-5 plane add-on i the normal/standard SF2 MOD folder then i could automatic use this add-on plane in all the games?

If you installed the F-5 in the SF2 Europe folder, then you will NOT have the F-5 when you launch the main SF2 (or SF2: Vietnam or SF2: Isreal). You will get the NATO mod and the F-5 ONLY if you use SF2 Europe.

However, you can launch all of the campaigns and missions from within SF2 Europe. So, in your case, if you wanted to fly an interception mission using an F-5 over Vietnam, you would still use the SF2 Europe launcher. Each individual .exe file contains all of the stock campaigns, planes and missions.

There isn't one main folder that applies to every launcher. Each launcher has its own folder. You can put all of your mods and custom controls into just the SF2 Europe folder and as long as you use the SF2 Europe launcher, then you will be able to use all of your mods in all of the stock terrains.

In my case (using Vista), I put all of my modded airplanes in (user)\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\Objects. If I want to fly an F-18 over Europe, I still use the Strike Fighters2.exe. Even f I want to fly A-4s for Isreal, I use the StrikeFighters2.exe. If I use anything but the SF2 launcher, I do not have access to any mods.

For you, just put all of your mods into the \StrikeFighters2 Europe\ appropriate folders and then launch the game using the Strike Fighters 2 Europe launcher regardless of the terrain or campaign you wish to run.

The other .exe files - and the related folders - are there for you to run different mods in different folders without having them conflicting with each other. If you wanted to use the Air/Ground Gold Expansion for Vietnam but didn't want any conflicts with your current NATO Fighters Mod, then you would have to use a different folder (e.g. SF2: Vietnam's folder). Then when running NATO fighters, you would use SF2: Europe. When you wanted to run A/G Gold you would run SF2: Vietnam. You would not have access to both mods simultaneously.

Or you could just toss all your mods into a mega install, or divide them up by game. Ex only Israeli and red planes in SF2I, Nato and Red in SF2E, WW2 planes in one, jets in another, or however you like.