Sign in to follow this  
waco1937

Addon aircraft

Is there a way to tell whether an aircraft addon is flyable with a virtual cockpit. Maybe a file in the aircraft folder? Some say but others don't unless it's indicated to be strictly AI.

Guest rscsjsuso5

i assume you can for example a weird thing that i did for the thirdwire series is that i added a su27 flanker on a ww1 runway of first eagle it runs well but no weapons and thus no guns a very weird way plus when the enemy tried to shot me down alot of attempts to try but no luck due to aircraft being very metal.

just for test maybe if u subsitute a stock cockpit in a fokker it might work . for sfp1 when their wasn't a mig cockpit people would sub in a f-4 cockpit and f104 cockpit works well but wierd not authentic.

enjoy your week

It's pretty simple. In the aircraft's main ini file (say SE5.INI), look for a line that says CockpitDataFile=. If there is a file, like CockpitDataFile=SE5_cockpit.ini, then it should be player flyable. If not, then it's AI only.

Now, there are ways to make AI only aircraft player flyable....but that's a whole other story...

FC

Hey rscsjsuso5, I think I'd go with Snoopy and his dog house. grin.gif Maybe draft Charlie Brown as crew chief. Or maybe a heliocopter. Dodge sideways and hover. That oughta spook 'em. Shades of Jules Verne. yikes.gif

Thanx FC. Only file work, etc, I've done was in M$ flight sims.