Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raden

To Wrench Again: Sharing of "Experiment"

Guest Raden

Hi Wrench,

As per ur guidence, I have managed to make my Israel2 went normal. Small issue remains. 

Reducing the Height from 10KK to 2KK in Israel_Data.ini.

Added as well the Polak's PRDesert2.

CAT used, GermanyCE (Planes exploded when I attempted using Israel CAT. Desert CAT no good.)

Just hours ago I experimented with this:

I do not recall the exact name, but for sure I DL-ed it from here, the Israel Terrain for WOI, containing ONLY some 80 bmps and some 80s (perhaps more) tgs. No dot inis files it it.

At first, I kept the Height as it was, namly, 2KK. I use it still, no change was made.

But on the Israel 2_data.ini, I changed the one item:

[HeightField]

DetailScale=20.0

DetailFrequency=1.0

MaxHeight=700 <<<-------

MinHeight=0

because with the original value in it (I forgot), any plane I flew from Runway, their wheels sank to the Runway.

So were ALL the GroundObjects of Enemy and Friendly sides.

After the changed was made (to 700 in the above quoted HeighField of the Data.ini), planes' wheels no more sank.

Same case with MOST of the GroundObjects of both sides.

But, one remaining piece of GroundObject (Kindly see on the attachments) at a sector belongs to Enemy (or Friendly), SANK a little bit. Formally, the whole wheels of it sank completely to the ground.

Second issue that I myself regard as not too satisfying to me being the Green/Grass which is too smooth.

The whole landscape in general is OK, as u can see, also the SEA perfectly OK.

Any comments? Thanks Wrench.

BTW, using ur advice answering to my questions last time re the dull, repeated Comm. Bldgs and Generators Bldg. as PrimeTarget on Single Strike MSN, I changed MANY of ur AAAs, at both sides, to SAMLauncers and the required SAMRadars for them. Result: a lot more bang of SAMs chasing me whichever jets I flew, Russians, USAF, IAF, or Arab side!

Amazing game that we have the freedom to twiddle with. I am learning Wrench.....

Thanks again.

Edited by Raden
  • Like 1

Guest Raden

Hi Wrench,

As per ur guidence, I have managed to make my Israel2 went normal. Small issue remains. 

Reducing the Height from 10KK to 2KK in Israel_Data.ini.

Added as well the Polak's PRDesert2.

CAT used, GermanyCE (Planes exploded when I attempted using Israel CAT. Desert CAT no good.)

Just hours ago I experimented with this:

I do not recall the exact name, but for sure I DL-ed it from here, the Israel Terrain for WOI, containing ONLY some 80 bmps and some 80s (perhaps more) tgs. No dot inis files it it.

At first, I kept the Height as it was, namly, 2KK. I use it still, no change was made.

But on the Israel 2_data.ini, I changed the one item:

[HeightField]

DetailScale=20.0

DetailFrequency=1.0

MaxHeight=700 <<<--[update: just minutes ago I lowered to 600 -- and, Presto!]

MinHeight=0

because with the original value in it (I forgot), any plane I flew from Runway, their wheels sank to the Runway.

So were ALL the GroundObjects of Enemy and Friendly sides.

After the change was made (to 700 in the above quoted HeighField of the Data.ini), planes' wheels no more sank.

Same case with MOST of the GroundObjects of both sides.

But, one remaining piece of GroundObject (Kindly see on the attachments) at a sector belongs to Enemy (or Friendly), SANK a little bit. Formally, the whole wheels of it sank completely to the ground.

Second issue that I myself regard as not too satisfying to me being the Green/Grass which is too smooth.

The whole landscape in general is OK, as u can see, also the SEA perfectly OK. Blending of hard-surfaced Runways, Air-Bases also is OK.

Any comments? Thanks Wrench.

BTW, using ur advice answering to my questions last time re the dull, repeated Comms. Bldg and Generators Bldg. as PrimeTarget on Single Strike MSN, I changed MANY of ur AAAs, at both sides, to SAMLauncers and the required SAMRadars for them.

Changed as well are some planes of WW2 to modern one (Oops! That's for another super Terrain, ur ASW) 

Result: a lot more bang of SAMs chasing me whichever jets I flew, Russians, USAF, IAF, or Arab side!

Amazing game that we have the freedom to twiddle with. I am learning Wrench.....

Thanks again.

Hi Wrench -- dunno where u been, take ur time anyway. 

I am pleased to inform u of my further very simple step: LOWERING the value, form 700 to 600, solved the issue. SAME 130 mm cal. AAA of Israel side (I was wrong to say it as not from Israel side in the upload) now SANK no more.  :heat:

Kindly see the new just two sreenies:

Yet, I am still curious as to how to make the grass/greens look less smooth. It's not a golfing-course. Hahaha..... 

Wrench and all senior Modders (e.e., Fubar, Silver, Gephard etc.), these inputs of mine, with such skrinshots attached, I hope some other guys of my level (not modders) will find it useful. 

See u all later. Ah! It's Friday again!

Edited by Raden
  • Like 1