Sign in to follow this  
Kibe77

European air war (Aces over europe v.1.28c 2022 edition) 60fps with dgvoodoo2 wrapper by changing exe file name!!!

So i got bought steam version of european air war game and got 60fps on 1920x1080 , then downloaded aces over europe standalone mod and only got 30 fps.

I installed dgvoodoo2 wrapper and tried everything but didn't work , only 30 fps on 1920x1080 resolution.

So the game has 2 different exe files , one with old map ja one with new map  and i had those files named eaw.exe (new map) , eaw2.exe (old map).

So i tried to launch the with eaw.exe ....i don't know how many times with different configurations on voodoo2 wrapper and got only 30fps, then i tried to launch with eaw2.exe file and OMG 60fps 1920x1080 resolution!!!!!

By changing the exe file name i got it working!!! For some reason eaw.exe didn't work.

Now i got those files named eaw1.exe and eaw2.exe ...and both are working just fine with 60fps.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Steam and Gog versions use s new external locally placed dll file. That supports the high Frames. Using a mod like AOE 2022 Edition will only deviate from that dll. (BTW where did you get the AOE mod? Don't forget the patch.)

As indicated before, Windows Compatibility fixes (registry changes) can interfere with a wrapper, in this case its this glide wrapper. Some wrappers like the DxWnd Wrapper have the ability to ignore it with a setting, others you should clean out the reg of that setting, or rename the game exe will do it. (Just don't forget to always use the wrapper when running the renamed exe , as native mode running will re-add the reg entry). Then your back at the start.

Also I already noted that the filenames can be changed for the game exe when run under a wrapper guidance. This shouldn't be done without being wrapped. (native mode).

It's really nothing new, people have being getting 64FPS for months now with the DxWnd Wrapper. and like you said 60FPS at the res you specified.

Edited by MarkEAW
clarify