Sign in to follow this  

In SFP1 with the GroundObject folder in the Object folder....

when I add items , do the data.ini files for that item go in the "groundobject" folder or the "object" folder? :help:

If so that answers why i can see the new objects and can't find them in the missions from pasko's groundobject pack.

If not, i need to go back to square one. :dntknw:

Edited by Sidewinder86

Guest capun

If you have a GroundObject folder, all new ground objects are under that folder. Also the GroundObjectData.ini has to be there.

You can have the object_data.ini at either the GroundObject folder or its own folder

All depends how you have it set-up in the groundobjectdata.ini

Example, this entry expects the data ini to be at the GroundObject folder

[Object050]

ObjectName=Tanker1

ObjectFullName=Armed Tanker

ObjectDataFile=Tanker1_data.ini

This entry looks for the data ini in the object folder.

[Object075]

ObjectName=CVAN-65

ObjectFullName=CVAN-65 Enterprise

ObjectDataFile=CVAN-65\CVAN-65_data.ini

Yep That's what I have set up. I am patched to 3.2 also. V07.05.05

Take a look and see if you can spot anything for me???

GroundObject1.jpg

Edited by Sidewinder86

Guest capun

I need more snapshots to be sure but check the following

- NO GroundObjectData.ini in the Objects folder, take a snapshot of this folder

- I see that the GroundObject folder is missing several data ini files like the BRDM-2, BTR-60, etc

That is ok if the GroundObjectData.ini has a path to their folders to look for their data.ini file. Take a snapshot of the GroundObjectData.ini with those entries (BRDM-2, BTR-60, etc)

Hi, I'm a very nooby noob, but I think I have a similar issue- I have only installed WoV, and my objects folder doesn't include a Ground Objects ini file. All I have is an ObjectData file that seems to be locked up. Is there an editor or some other utility to unlock this file and allow me to get into thegame properly? :blink:

oops, sorry update- found check six's cat extractor and now merrily adding an ausie carrier to line backer. Will have lots more questions to follow I'm sure (such as where on earth do I get an f14 to re skin as fleet air arm from)

Edited by meeware

I have the groundobjectdta.ini in the groundobject folder as per your first post.

BRDM, BTR , I found those files and added them to the folder.

GroundObject2.jpg

my objects folder

GroundObject3.jpg

When I fly the missions that came with pasko's pack , none of the items show up.

Meeware go to C5 for templates.

Guest capun

A couple of things to try

- Be sure that you double and triple check the GroundObjectData for any typos.

Entries have to be sequential, if you skip one number, the ini parser stops there.

Also any typos can cause problems, post one of Pasko's missions here (the one that fails) and I can look at it.

- Check the the objects weapons/guns are in the current weapondata.dat and gundata.dat. Their guns/weapons may have been renamed in the new weapon pack

Open the ini files with their editors and save to generate a new DAT

Bingo! Found some data_ini that weren't in the correct position.

Thanks Capun.. I wasn't sure about all this but am learning!

1 last quick question... Do you see the AM radiotower.lod and SHD files??? Those are all i got when I downloaded Beer's mod for that, will it work where it is or do i need to move it? If so where?

Sidewinder, thanks muchly for the tip. Now have FAA tomcats and several models of tooms, and Hinchbrook's fabulous CVA01 too! Thinking about getting the whole thing put together in a campaign- RN called in to help in latter stages of Vietnam- China has piled in behind NVA, Thais have thrown out USAF, Saigon is a walled in 'free city' sucking in all US resources to defend, so the Vindictive and her battle group sit on what was Yankee Station (now Kings Cross Station) protecting against heavy fighter and strike incursion acrosss the gulf.

All I really need now is an AEW Gannet and a Buckaneer.....?

If someone else is working on this then I'll sit back and wait- this is now day four of my WoV career- I've yet to get most things working, and moddable though the environment is, I won't pretend this isn't a little daunting. Compared to Janes... Scheesh! And I'm learning linux in parallel!

Edited by meeware