Hi People,

Firstly - I'd like to say a big thankyou to all the people who actively work on the amazing add-ons for SFG. I am new to the Flight Sim community and have had SFG only since Xmas (excellent choice by the Missus) and have been downloading furiously ever since. Just trying to find a flyable F-111 - can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Also, it would be great to get downloads of the 70s RAF/RN fleet some of which has already been posted but does anyone know if the following have been or will be made and whereabouts I'd be able to grab them ?

BUCCANEER

VULCAN

VICTOR

HARRIER (RAF version)

JET PROVOST

HAWK (RED ARROWS)

to name a few......

Finally, does anyone have advice on flying helicopters as I seem to be having trouble manouvering them (they keep flying up - not forward) - sorry for the dumb question.

Cheers

ITF

Guest capun

Do you see a sticky at the top of this forum, something like plane news?

It has a list of all mods available. there is also a Work In Progress list at SimHQ, I think we need to mirror it here too.

As for your questions

BUCCANEER WIP by Russo

VULCAN WIP by Pasko

VICTOR Don't know

HARRIER (RAF version) Several versions available

JET PROVOST Don't know

HAWK (RED ARROWS) Hawk T.1 by Russo

As for the helicopters, they should move forward. Some of the newer models have Thrust Vector enable, so you need to have TV up/forward to move forward.

You need to set the TV keys in the controller option since they are not set by default. BTW, you need to be more specific about the helos, which one?

Edited by capun

Do you see a sticky at the top of this forum, something like plane news?

It has a list of all mods available. there is also a Work In Progress list at SimHQ, I think we need to mirror it here too.

As for your questions

BUCCANEER WIP by Russo

VULCAN WIP by Pasko

VICTOR Don't know

HARRIER (RAF version) Several versions available

JET PROVOST Don't know

HAWK (RED ARROWS) Hawk T.1 by Russo

As for the helicopters, they should move forward. Some of the newer models have Thrust Vector enable, so you need to have TV up/forward to move forward.

You need to set the TV keys in the controller option since they are not set by default. BTW, you need to be more specific about the helos, which one?

Thanks Capun for the info - to be more specific I have looked through the mods but couldn't find the F-111 although there appear to be skins for it. I'll search again for the Hawk & Harrier but they don't come up under downloads either.

I did think the helos problem might be TV (Sea king & Cobra are the ones I've tried) - so I'll give a whirl and let you know if that cracks it. I also tried to fly the H5 but it keeps exploding on the runway which probably isn't what it's supposed to do.

Cheers

ITF

Thanks Capun for the info - to be more specific I have looked through the mods but couldn't find the F-111 although there appear to be skins for it. I'll search again for the Hawk & Harrier but they don't come up under downloads either.

ITF

All the f-111s are together in a single vark pack abut half way through the downloads. You may need the F14a too, as some of the engine sounds come from that.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?download=917

The harriers are scattered throughout the downloads, look for the AV8A- there are harriers for the USMC, RAF, Spanish Navy, Indian Navy, and (deep joy) there is even an FA2, the short lived superSHAR, soon to be retired from the RN (tiny wings, asthmatic engine, doesn't like trying to land anywhere south of Lerwick after April)

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?download=469

Edited by meeware

All the f-111s are together in a single vark pack abut half way through the downloads. You may need the F14a too, as some of the engine sounds come from that.

The harriers are scattered throughout the downloads, look for the AV8A- there are harriers for the USMC, RAF, Spanish Navy, Indian Navy, and (deep joy) there is even an FA2, the short lived superSHAR, soon to be retired from the RN (tiny wings, doesn't like trying to land anywhere south of Lewick after April)

Thanks Meeware - I've just realised I've been looking through the downloads incorrectly for a month - jeez - it all makes sense now - to use a football analogy - I was having a Sol Campbell moment there. Now all I have to do is download everything - I'm gonna need a new drive before long.

Please excuse my stupidity.

I thankyou

over & out

ITF

Guest capun

Another thing for the Helos, this game was never meant to be a helo sim, so we have shoehorned the helos into the game but they do not truly fly like a helo, so there is no hover.

Also, the readme files state that you need to fly in normal mode, hard mode will cause all kinds of problems

Also what terrain are you using?

There's a Red Arrows skin for the Hawk at Marcfighters. Just click on the link on the main page of this site.