Aces of the Italian Empire

Sorry, had to repost this today due to a corrupted file.

This 47 mission set provides an Italian fighter career during the period from June 1940 to April 1945. Includes skins. Any problems or questions relating to the campaign please feel free to e-mail me at EAF602WHIZZ@aol.com

Hope you enjoy it.

Billy Pryce

Hi Billy !!!! Thanks for that campaign !!!

But there is a problem : I downloaded it 3 times, from CA and mirror, but the zip file seems to be corrupted...

Anyone else having this same trouble ???

I downloaded an early version and had the same problem but you have updated it now and the download is OK.

Fired it up and played the first mission.... Fun and simple. France...

Got to the second briefing and the briefings are really well written.

I hope the campaign goes to Greece later? or maybe Yugoslavia, sure I will spend some time in the desert !

Cannot wait to find out !.

Anyhow thanks for your work Billy...if the start is anything to judge by this is a great piece of work.

(note- you do not mention anywhere the Italian campaign pack (produced by none other than Gaston) being required, should maybe mention that in the read me)

Charlie

Edited by Charlie'Chap'

This looks pretty interesting and fun. I'm just wondering, do you have to have the Pe-2 expansion for this (I know very little about that stuff, having just gotten back into playing the Il2 series), or just the regular game?

Hi all,

Thanks for your kind comments gentlemen, sorry I took so long getting back to you but I've had problems logging on. The campaign was built with version 4.04 Sky Captain (loved that film) although I was tempted to use the 37mm flak for a while.

Also I'm glad the briefings are ok, I was worried about them sounding pro fascist or something, which they're not. I wanted to make the atmosphere right for the time and the situation without insulting anyone, especially anyone from Italy. It's meant to be a tribute to Italians so the thing I most feared is that I would get it wrong and upset them in some way.

Thanks again everyone and I hope that you enjoy it.

Also you're right Charlie, I should have mentioned that the Italian pack should be downloaded and installed first. I wish I'd realised sooner. Is it by the same Gaston who posted at the top of this page? If it is, thankyou Gaston for your work.

I kind of figured it worked without the expansion anyways once the campaign got underway. :P Thanks anyways, and great job on the campaign. Although I had a bit of trouble getting it going before I thought to install the Italian Pack (which I forgot to do after reinstalling the whole PF+AEP+FB kaboodle).