Sign in to follow this  
ICEPICK

need help with graphics on sfp1

I would like to know if there's a way to have better graphics in SFP1. I have a GeForce 5200 FX (witch is way better than required for high-end PC). I put everything at max details, but when I look to the planes in-game, it's not as beautiful as some screenshots I see on the net. One sample exemple, there'S some details on the plane skins that are a bit ''fuzzy'', not clear enough, even if I'm close to it.

Does my graphic card is not powerfull enough or if there's something else I can do to improve graphics...

I would also like to know how to put back a modified file in a .cat document (modified it after extraction with SFP1E)

thanks!

Guest Sony Tuckson

Hi and welcome

the FX5200 is not a very powerfull video card (to put it politely)

Let us know which resolution you run, color depth

Honestly, with th latest patches, you need a better video card to get the best of the game

As you see, it runs on your card, but can be way better

latest patches use DX 9.0C (june 2006 edition!) functions, so a rather new model is usefull to get the best of the game

Nvidia wise, I would suggest as a minimu something like a 6600

ATI wise I would talk about a 9600 or better

The game runs fine with lower specs cards, I know, but those are proposals to get a very nice picture

This if your cpu is up to it too, as you din't specify this one....

Edited by Sony Tuckson

The high res skins minimize the "fuzziness" you talk about, but these high res skins may really cause low fps. Actually, for the low res skins, the closer you are to it, the more fuzzy they appear.

I would also like to know how to put back a modified file in a .cat document (modified it after extraction with SFP1E)

You shouldn't need to put it back into the .cat file, as long as the modified file is in the correct directory. The game will use extracted copies of files instead of the .cat versions when it sees one is present.

As for the 'Fuzzyness' problem, try incresing your Antialiasing setting. I'm not sure how well that'll work with a lower-end card, but it helps me (6600GT). You could also try running at a higher resolution and decrease some settings (shadows, view distance, ground detail) to bring performance back up.