I noticed some differences too between this model and the movie model other than what Shin_kazama pointed out. But I'm not going to say what they are because, 1.) you've worke really hard on this model as obvious as it is, and 2.) I'm just happy to get a Talon that looks this good. So I say carry on with what you're doing.

Thanks for the kudos... sentiment is truly appreciated. :happy:

Re: Inaccuracies...

I've been telling folks from day one that -1 spec design plans for this project were not available. (I used screen captures from a cheesy avi on the movies website)... and because of that, I used a lot of "artistic licensing" to get the job done.

Hell, I'd be the first to admit that there are more than a handful of inaccuracies/artistic licensing issues one could point out... without even looking hard.

Fact is, this project "is what it is"... I wanted to take on a fun project, and in my book that's just what I produced. I know there are going to be a handful of purist who will knock points off it for the inaccuracies... as I see it, it's par for the coarse and fully expect them to come.

Edited by Zurawski

Any dates on a 3.0 release? :crazy:

Actually... I'm in the painful throws of finalizing the definitive release candidate. :clapping:

Should be available "very soon"... and I will be doing an unprecedented first by releasing it both here at CA and at my website.

:crazy:

Edited by Zurawski

Actually... I'm in the painful throws of finalizing the definitive release candidate. :clapping:

Should be available "very soon"... and I will be doing an unprecedented first by releasing it both here at CA and at my website.

:crazy:

Yo!!!

here's tribute to a very impressive fictional aircraft mod!!

though not perfect but with as little info available on this fictional plane, you did a good job.

p.s.

is the new pilot ready?

Thanks for the kudos... sentiment is truly appreciated. :happy:

Re: Inaccuracies...

I've been telling folks from day one that -1 spec design plans for this project were not available. (I used screen captures from a cheesy avi on the movies website)... and because of that, I used a lot of "artistic licensing" to get the job done.

Hell, I'd be the first to admit that there are more than a handful of inaccuracies/artistic licensing issues one could point out... without even looking hard.

Fact is, this project "is what it is"... I wanted to take on a fun project, and in my book that's just what I produced. I know there are going to be a handful of purist who will knock points off it for the inaccuracies... as I see it, it's par for the coarse and fully expect them to come.

ah.

so you made made these differences to avoid licensing problems?

i understand.....

i dont knocks points off it just because there are some differences.

i just show that there are more room to improve.........

any wayz have you seen my youtube vid featuring your special talon?

howd it look to you?

ah.

so you made made these differences to avoid licensing problems?

i understand.....

i dont knocks points off it just because there are some differences.

i just show that there are more room to improve.........

any wayz have you seen my youtube vid featuring your special talon?

howd it look to you?

Greetings Shin_kazama!

No, not legal licensing reasons... artistic ones. In a nutshell, either I had very little physical data to build from or the game engine itself did not allow me to do something that the planes did in the movie. So I did what any good artist does... "improvise".

The way I look at this plane is that this is "my" interpretation of the said aircraft. It's a close facsimile but not an exact replica...

BTW... did catch your you-tube video... enjoyed it very much. Seeing the planes maneuvering put to music was pretty cool!

Greetings Shin_kazama!

No, not legal licensing reasons... artistic ones. In a nutshell, either I had very little physical data to build from or the game engine itself did not allow me to do something that the planes did in the movie. So I did what any good artist does... "improvise".

The way I look at this plane is that this is "my" interpretation of the said aircraft. It's a close facsimile but not an exact replica...

BTW... did catch your you-tube video... enjoyed it very much. Seeing the planes maneuvering put to music was pretty cool!

thanks man!

i will upload a video of the latest talon W/ wrench's pilot update soon.

btw, why the change in RC-1 talon burner color?

looks good though.

have you tried increasing numweapons on you data.ini?

it works nice on mine.

and how do i add polygons to your talon so it would have the extended canards?

it may look even better...

and what do i change to decrease open wing angle, so i could change all the talon versions i have?

(talon alpha renamed YF/A-37 Talon,beta talon:F/A-37B,RC talon:F/A-37C,possible extnded canard talon:F/A-37E/F Super Talon :biggrin: , in my WoE objects.)

problem is that the present talon skins in CA may not be compatible...

great work anywayz...