Sign in to follow this  
Charlie'Chap'

The Battle of Malta 1940-42(GB) 1.6

The Battle of Malta 1940-42(GB) 1.6

THE BATTLE OF MALTA 1940-1942 (GB) 1.5

for Il2/AEP/Pf 4.03m+

A 51 mission Scripted fighter Campaign for an RAF pilot.

This campaign is based on a a lot of historical research, no real pilot would have had the opportunity to experience

all that is contained although I have constructed what I hope is a believable 'fiction'.

Most missions represent Radar guided interceptions above the Island of Malta, against the numerically vastly superior

Regia Aeronautica and Luftwaffe.

Convoys are central to this whole campaign so ships of all types and their attack and defence feature very heavily

throughout (several missions are carrier based).

Player fly's the Gladiator, Hurricanes, Spitfire and Beaufighter

(and very briefly a Martlet (lend lease F4F-4) and A20.)

This campaign was constructed using the excellent il2 MATmanager and it is recommended that people install this excellant free utility in order to see accurate plane markings.

(the campaign should still work without it but will not look as good as intended.)

Thanks to all the skinners that created the skins contained within, I have tried my best to agnowledge their excellent

work.

Unzip to your desktop and look at the enclosed Read Me(GB)

1.5- As a result of The_Battle_of_Malta (IT) the convoy actions of this campaign have been recreated in far greater

detail. As a result this version has 3 extra missions (all (historical) long range defences of convoys by Malta based

fighters) and 5 of the pre 1.5 missions have been extensively revised (specificaly the convoy 'Pedestal' missions).

(8 more 'historical'and 'semi historical' missions in total).

1.6- Updates the 41st mission in the campaign

(thanks to Beaufort for research and advice.)

Four missions that were air-starts have been changed so that all missions now begin on runways.

Tropical A20 skin included plus MBR-2-AM-34 skin replaced with a new skin by Skioppo.

(1.6 is a very minor change. With updates if you already have a campaign in progress, overwrite the existing Battle_of_Malta_1940-42 folder in your campaign GB folder and you can continue the campaign but will have the updated version.)

THE BATTLE OF MALTA (IT) is now available. It took far longer to produce than this one and required more research, almost all missions are based on real mission reports and had to be created from scratch, the atmosphere and focus is very differant and so are the mission types and problems faced, try it and see.

Charlielamb2002@yahoo.co.uk