Sign in to follow this  

AlbatrosDI

EDITED AND REPAINTED STOCK ALBATROS DVA TO REPRESENT AN EARLY WAR ALBATROS DI

(FOR FIRST EAGLES)

with reduced performance to match the period...

for use with early war aircraft etc

install to the objects/aircraft folder

if for example you fly the DH2 and select 1916 as the year in the mission screen..

then only aircraft of that era will be loaded into the mission

so this aircraft allows you to fly in the correct period and have some slightly more appropiate targets/enemys

bortdafarm

(is player flyable allso)

Hi Bort, Thanks for the early war mods to existing aircraft. I think its something we can use till a proper model comes out. Can you tell us more about the changes/improvements youve made to this aircraft and the DFW? :good:

Hi Bort, Thanks for the early war mods to existing aircraft. I think its something we can use till a proper model comes out. Can you tell us more about the changes/improvements youve made to this aircraft and the DFW? :good:

cheers it will allow for a bit of fun to be had.. :good:

haven't done a heck of a lot to them i must admit..just the setting them up as unique aircraft so the original stock ones remain untouched and they can be added to missions and campaigns as seperate aircraft..i've added a squadron or two of each to the campaign even tho it is late war...because there may well have been some older types still flying for recon ballon defense..and it adds to the variety of planes flying..

all i did was the absolute bare minimum..

repaint

set up as seperate flyable aircraft

reduction in top speed and armament (no front gun on the DWFCI less ammo and shorter burst of fire for the rear gunner and half the ammo on the Albatros DI)

availabilty dates set to early war..

that's it...you can add the paint job for them to the stock planes if you like them as well

Edited by bortdafarm

Great! Thanks bord. I also posted a thread at SimHQ announcing your two aircraft mods. If you have a moment, might want to do that when you add a new mod; there is a large fanbase for this sim there, just fyi.

cheers PC'

i did spot your post over there thanks for letting them know...(i note some-ones getting itchy about the technical details ...which as you and i know is missing the point of the thing!)