Sign in to follow this  
Taffy

wings over europe combat

hi all. one question, im having no problem locking and launching sidewinders, but what do you have to do to lock and launch the sparrow?..........Thanks

See this article in the knowledge base, Radar Tactics in all verisons of Strike Fighters. Although this mentions using radar in hard avionics mode the basics will work well in the simple mode as well. Oh and some of the same information is located in the game manual as well

Edited by Southernap

Remember, all AIM-9s were all rear aspect heat seekers from models A - J. From what I can tell, only AIM-9L/M/S/X models are all aspect heat seekers and they were not produced until 1978.

As for Semi Active Radar missiles, the AIM-7 Sparrow series, you need to set your Radar mode to Boresight, point your aircraft at your airborne target and allow it to get a lock. I have remapped all my keys for the game to make it playable, so, I can't recall the default key settings for this.

hi all. one question, im having no problem locking and launching sidewinders, but what do you have to do to lock and launch the sparrow?..........Thanks

you need to set your Radar mode to Boresight, point your aircraft at your airborne target and allow it to get a lock.

you shouldn't need to go to boresight, I only use that in a dogfight.

You can move the cursor over a target & acquire it.

Of course once fired with a SARH you need to continue illuminating the target.