Sign in to follow this  
tmdgm

Red Falcon Korean addd on - Soviet campaign crashes

I just downloaded and installed Red Falcon's Korean campaigns to play campaigns for Sov and Chinese, however the soviet campaign crashes to desktop every time I try to start one. Chinese campaign is fine.

I patched SFP1 up to current, then made a fresh install, installed Edward's Korean addon, then installed Edward's update and the Red Falcon addon, (also Gramps russian speech pack).

Anyone get the soviet red falcon campaign to work?

bump.

Anybody out there play the Red Falcon campaigns for SFP1? Any other forums out there other than simhq?

I'm new to SF and I also get CTD everytime when going into any single mission or quick fly with fresh install of the KAW and Red Falcon add-on. When looking into campaign, there is none listed...

Unfortunately, I have installed and patched using the single 3rd Wire site download (a la last fall) and then immediately installed KAW and all the other various add-ons (instead of doing them one by one, silly me...).

Does anyone else know for certain whether the KAW terrains and Red Falcon campaigns are compatible with 3rd Wire uber patch???

Inquiring minds want to know....

I suspect nobody cares since the new KAW sounds like it is around the corner...

I'm new to SF and I also get CTD everytime when going into any single mission or quick fly with fresh install of the KAW and Red Falcon add-on. When looking into campaign, there is none listed...

Unfortunately, I have installed and patched using the single 3rd Wire site download (a la last fall) and then immediately installed KAW and all the other various add-ons (instead of doing them one by one, silly me...).

Does anyone else know for certain whether the KAW terrains and Red Falcon campaigns are compatible with 3rd Wire uber patch???

Inquiring minds want to know....

I suspect nobody cares since the new KAW sounds like it is around the corner...

patience. You just asked the question.

I dont' know if the KAW is just around the corner or not. I have loaded up various parts of the different Korean stuff and done portions. I have not yet loaded up the specific portions you've described but all the other components have so far worked ok. I have loaded up several other scenarios and they seem to work fine, with occasional tweaking required to get SFP1 designed scenarios to work in WOV/E. I'll let you know what I come up with in a couple of days.

you say it crashes every time? Look in the terrain ini file and see if its looking for the desert.cat file or not. If it is and you are running woe or wov then it will crash everytime. Which game are you running this in?

Edited by Typhoid

patience. You just asked the question.

you say it crashes every time? Look in the terrain ini file and see if its looking for the desert.cat file or not. If it is and you are running woe or wov then it will crash everytime. Which game are you running this in?

I wasn't being impatient, I happened to resurrect a thread started back on Jan 3rd that was left unanswered by anyone, and was perhaps editorializing on that...

Yes, SFP-1 crashes everytime when clicking on single mission, or quick flight. There are no campaigns listed in the Campaign menu either...

I too have had the old Korean War terrain running well downloaded from http://www.majorleesaerodrome.net/ with clean install and 3rdWire downloaded SFP-1 uber patch released late last year (covers all previous SFP-1 patches).

Unfortunately as mentioned, I uploaded the "newest" KAW campaign and terrain and the RF add-on all at once, so troubleshooting all those files and folders is not going to be easy, if at all... I will look into the terrain.ini as you mentioned, but I thought that was supposed to be a KAW mod/fix only for WOV or WOE... Should be simple enough to figure that out...

However, I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll likely have to wipe and re-install one-by-one like I should have. I will report!!! Thank you for replying... :biggrin:

Edited by B Bandy RFC

good luck!!

:rofl: