Sign in to follow this  
ArgonV

FS-WWI Plane Pack 4 Patch Released:

It's done! :clapping:

Download here: FS-WWI Plane Pack 4 Patch (94.4mb)

Included are many bug fixes, new aircraft, updates to existing aircraft, missions and ground objects. All of the previously released content that came after Plane Pack 4 is included, except the Albert terrain. This will also overwrite any existing aircraft files you may have (Including some skins).

The startup, gui and score property files needed for the WWI British and German medals to work properly are included. It is highly recommended if you have a combined WW2 and WWI install that you make backups of these files before installing this patch. As always, I recommend two separate installs for WW2 and WWI.

Included are two stats.bmp files for the newer aircraft released since Plane Pack 4. One to work with the FS-WWI Themed GUI 1.6.0.6 Patch and one to work with the regular 1.6.0.6 Patch. By default the 1.6.0.6 FS-WWI Themed Patch stats.bmp file is used. If the color is off and does not match the background, simply rename the current one in use in the Media\GUI\Art\Hangar\Country\Aircraft folder to stats.old and then rename the stats2.bmp to stats.bmp

Add-ons that are required:

You MUST have FS-WWI Plane Pack 4 to use this Patch

You MUST have FS-WWI Nations v2 to use this Patch.

You MUST have the Full Somme Terrain (Repaint) installed.

You MUST have the official Parsoft 1.5 patch installed.

You MUST have the 1.6.0.6 Patch or FS-WWI Themed 1.6.0.6 Patch installed.

Some of the missions in the 1916 Mission Packs and other missions require the Tobruk, Snowy Somme and Albert terrains. The missions will not work with out these terrains installed! Get them here:

Tobruk: http://php2.phpwebservices.com/FS-WW1/tobrukinstall.exe

Snowy Somme: http://php2.phpwebservices.com/FS-WW1/Snowy_Somme.exe

Albert: http://www.fsww1.com/Downloads/Terrains/Albert_Beta.exe

An updated All-In-One is in the works which will include this Patch and the Albert terrain.

Enjoy!

Edited by ArgonV

man how did i miss this?had no idea, what a find!orderd c/d 15 min ago downloading all files as we speak.looks great!would like to see these planes cross over to fe.Argon, looking forward to getting to know you, and everybody else working on this project.raven-1 gone patroling

Hey mate! Ya I don't know how you've missed FS-WWI... We've been around for years! ;) I've been running the show since 2001 when Plane Pack 2 was released.

You ordered the game CD from Chips and Bits then?

If you need anyhelp with anything feel free to visit our home at: www.openplanesim.com

Out of curiosity what Install Option did you take?

P.S. I just got finished updating www.fsww1.com so if you want you can take a look at the Included Aircraft section to see all the aircraft that are flyable in FS-WWI. :)

Edited by ArgonV

Just a little update: The new FS-WWI All In One is done. It includes the following downloads:

FS-WWI Plane Pack 4

FS-WWI Plane Pack 4 Patch

FS-WWI Nations v2.0

Full Somme Terrain Repaint 2

FS-WWI Parfile updater

Rhineland Revamp

Albert Terrain

Snowy Somme Terrain

Tobruk Terrain

Stock Terrain Modifications

Latest Property Files

It's right at 604mb. You can download it here: FS-WWI Plane Pack 4 All-In-One Installer

gonna be a long wait for the c/d.been to the site looks good.since i dont have the game yet just downloaded all except all in 1[which i didnt see till i was done with every thing else]kinda been busy downloading, cookin, tossin a few down, gettin ready for the game, got 20 people showing up,dont think all get much flying time on sunday.looking forward to be part of your mix. cheers

Great to hear!

Ya if you have the ability to download the All In One please do so. It's much smoother to get going, less EXEs to contend with.

We need to get some multiplayer going soon, I've missed flying FS-WWI online. :(

Man this looks good.Hey Argon I still need a way to get it to recognize my X-45.I keep having ot switch back to my old one and I miss the X-45.

But great job guys!oh yeah I'm still looking for that one plane Argon..remember the N-28 with the US 95th paint?

Blimey ! This looks pretty interesting. Where have I been NOT to notice this before ? Don't ask. Now .... to get started how do I get an SDOE CD ? I can't connect to the chips n bits link for some reason ? Is there a downloadable version ?

cheers,

catch.

No downloadable version mate! It would appear their website is down for me right now. I just ordered something from there last week and got the package so I know they are still operating. Probably just doing some work on their website..

check e-bay also..

Thanks ArgonV & Dagger. Chips n bits is back up :smile:

Before I register with chips n bits do they take Paypal ? I don't use credit cards ...... thanks

They do not take paypal, sorry! :(

Blast and damnation ! Looks like I'll have to keep my eyes open on E-bay/2nd hand bins.