Sign in to follow this  
Cmte. Carvalho

Problems with Spillo (F-104)

Hello guys;

It's sad to notice that one of the most incredible aircrafts ever created is also one of the worst developed (default) aircrafts available in the game - for example, the front wheel doesn't turn during ground maneuvers, the nose is a bit up while on the ground (quite unrealistic compared with the real aircraft), etc...

Talking with a friend (Marc, from the MarcFighters Website) i could get some tips on how to make a few changes on the aircraft's DATA.ini and BINGO! I solved the problem with the nose up in the Golf version!

Then i installed the Italy's "Sierra" version available for download and, for my "surprise", more problems: i couldn't select any weapons for the airplane! Once more, i looked at the data.ini and i just did add "USAF" by the side of "NATO" at the weapon's slots. Once more i had success (at least until that time)...

I made a few flights with the airplane but i didn't enjoy some of it's behaviors, many of them appearing to be quite unrealistic... So, i did some more changes to make it similar to the Golf version (no, i didn't copy the entire data.ini from the Golf to the Sierra)... The problem now is that the canopy is closing only when i get the wheels of the ground (and it opens right when i touch down, the speed doesn't matter anymore). And, since i installed the airplane i never was able to see any animation from the engine vents (those doors that opens when the "S" is on the ground and at a certain speed, allowing more air to the J79-GE-19)...

I'm using SFP1 with it's latest updates and with the latest Weapon's Pack.

I'm hoping that someone can help-me with that... Thanks and bye!

Cmte. André Carvalho

You have to remember that SFP1 originally came out in 2003, and the F-104G (or any other stock aircraft for that matter) have not been upgraded.

The Italian F-104 that you downloaded (have a link?) probably was a completley new aircraft. If so, it had a new model, which means they don't have the same animations. What parts did you copy over? I have no idea of the canopy, but the engine is probably because of the wrong animation ID. Try using the original one.

Good luck!

You have to remember that SFP1 originally came out in 2003, and the F-104G (or any other stock aircraft for that matter) have not been upgraded.

The Italian F-104 that you downloaded (have a link?) probably was a completley new aircraft. If so, it had a new model, which means they don't have the same animations. What parts did you copy over? I have no idea of the canopy, but the engine is probably because of the wrong animation ID. Try using the original one.

Good luck!

Hello jtin!

Thanks for your reply! Well, i just did change data of things like ailerons, elevator, rudder... About the animation ID, how do i check what's the correct number/id to make the correction?

Bye.

Look at the original aircraft_data.ini, and look at:

NozzleAnimationID=

Change that in the new one to the one in the original.

Good luck!