Sign in to follow this  
DaveInCO

Programming AV8R mode switch

I have searched for the past hour for info on making the mode switch work with this stick.

Programming the toggles is straight forward but I can't get the toggles to change function when the mode switch is moved from "A" to "B". I want to use position "A" for take-off and landing and "B" for combat.

Any help?

You are running the SST programming software?

You are running the SST programming software?

Yes, I am. The software interface has a place labeled "mode switch" but the documentation is written generically.

When I first tried to figure it out, I programmed T1 to send shift-a with the mode switch on "A". Then I switched the mode switch to "B" and programmed T1 to send shift-b.

When I tested it, after saving the profile and loading it, selected mode "A" and pressed the T1 switch. It should have generated a capital A in notepad but it printed a B. Switching the mode to B, T1 generated a B again. it appears that the mode switch was ignored and I simply had re-programmed the T1 switch.

An email to customer support at Saitek has gone unanswered and the Saitek site has nothing in the forums.

When I first tried to figure it out, I programmed T1 to send shift-a with the mode switch on "A". Then I switched the mode switch to "B" and programmed T1 to send shift-b.

I don't have an AV8R but you shouldn't have to actually flip the switch when programming.

If you open the data view in the editor you should be able to program directly into the cells for each mode.

I don't have an AV8R but you shouldn't have to actually flip the switch when programming.

If you open the data view in the editor you should be able to program directly into the cells for each mode.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't see any way to do that. The toggles need to know the position of the mode switch to determine what action to take. I don't see how that is supposed to happen. There is a field for codes beside both mode switch positions but it isn't at all clear what is to go in them.

The documentation is weak. It has no mention of the AV8R at all.

Never mind! I went back and looked again in "Data View" and found my answer. RTFM,eh?

Thanks again.