Sign in to follow this  
Guest capun

S-2A Tracker and Humber Mk IV Armoured Car released

Guest capun

The SFP1 Dev A-Team (capun, CB, Charles, Kesselbrut & The Wrench) present the Grumman S-2A Tracker package with a virtual cockpit and the Rootes Humber Mk IV Armoured Car.

Please read the installation instructions carefully, specially the Designer Notes.

S-2A Model by capun, FM by Charles, Textures by CB Productions, Virtual Cockpit by Kesselbrut, Screens by The Wrench

S-2A Model based on the late Rey Lopez FS2002 S-2 Tracker

Humber model by capun, FM and Sand texture by Charles, Green Texture by CB Productions

Humber model by an unknown author

Many thanks to all devs who contributed to this project. Please read the Installation instructions file for a complete list of contributors.

Registered Users can get it here

S-2A

S-2A

Humber

Humber

gallery_198_32_73404.jpg

gallery_198_30_29765.jpg

Both S2F and S2A are available on your site. I thot they were the same bird / mod. Whats the differance? :ph34r: CL

Very cool site Sag! but this is where I'm confused. Pasted from your link:

S-2A/S2F-1

The first production version wasn't much different from the prototype. The engine power was increased from 1500 hp to 1525 hp. The S2F-1 had an AN/APS38 search radar in the fuselage that could be lowered during ASW missions and a MAD boom in the tail area that could be extended 9 feet. On the fuselage, over the cockpit a APA69 ECM antenna was installed. This was later replaced by an AN/APA69 antenna in a radome. The fuel tanks could contain 520 gallons of av gas, enough for a combat range of 841 sea miles or a 6 hours flight. The cruising speed was 130 knots and the top speed was 230 knots. Under the right wing a very powerful search light was installed for night missions. Later version received an even more powerful light. The Tracker could carry three underwing station for 5 inch HVAR rockets, Mk54 depth carges or 2,75 inch rocket pods on each side. In the internal bay the S-2 could carry a Mk34 or Mk43 torpedo. In the end of both engine nacelles tubes were installed for 8 SSQ2 and 2 SSQ1 sonobouys. A total of 755 S-2F-1s were built.

:ph34r: V/R ALL, CL

Guest capun

S-2F is basically the S-2A with the MAD stinger and the ventral Radar radome, both get extended by applying the airbrake key

Does this mean the S2A was defanged of ASW toys and what we would call a "flying truck". When I was on the Coral Sea we had a C1 trader / COD onboard. The captain CAG or whoever aways had them launch by deckrun from a spot back by the arresting gear. He would even announce on the 1mc to have all hands not on watch come topside to view the glorious site wich it definatly was. At the ole watering hole a brother desert rat asked me what it was like. I did my best to do it verbally with engine noise complete with dopplar shift. The girl sitting next to me thot that was the most helarious thing she ever heard. An ole Willie Fud (WF / E1 / stoof with a roof ) crewman came forward and told me yup thats what it sounds like. Anyway how do I down load from your site Capun? :ph34r:

V/R, CL

Guest Saganuay82

The A came first, then they decided to upgrade it and gave it a radar turrent and MAD. Our CS2F1-3 Tracker was the same as an F but made here in Canada by deHavilland and slightly smaller due to the size of the Bonaventure. Then after we combined our forces they changed the name to CP121.

I was driving past the end of the runway at CFB Chatham when two Trackers from CFB Summerside did their battle break approach during their goodbye tour. Wow , what a sound. Would have been great to have that on video.

Yah the wright R-1820 cyclone engine sure makes a statement. Last year I was fortunate enough to go to a dozer boss class for wildland firefighters at Camirillo field in Ventura County. There is a group there that operates Gobs of T-28Cs and Ds, They only have one cyclone each tho. The Stoof has 2, but the constant sound of all those jugs turning those 3 bladed props was just as good. An added plus was the sound of the tracks of caterpiller D-6s. I got to drive the dozer but no joy for a hop in the trojan.

:ph34r: CL