Firecage

Plane Fest 5.0 WIP and need info help

Keep bomber squads or not  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Keep the Bomber squadrons or make all the squads fighter Squads

• Throw em out the window....
    • Keep them, I'm having fun with it....
    • Keep them but lets move to less bomber types that we know can bomb

I am working on a new version of the Fest and I would like to get some info/help from the community.

1st off ... I am getting alot of request for a bit more accuracy of the time frames and which planes are supposed to be going up against which other planes.

So..... Below is a list of planes and if any of you can help please give me as an exact date on entry/exit in the war and what you think the planes were it would fly against.

2nd .... I am getting pretty bad feedback about problems with the bomber squadrons that flyable. Most of it stems from not being able to get bombs to work right on the planes in the fest. So there's a poll here to keep the bomber squads in or out and im going to go by that to keep or replace the squad with a fighter squad. Please put your choice if you dont mind... it will help me know which way to head.

3rd .... Some planes are being taken out of the fest and replaced with others so I can get things a bit closer on FMs and the plane match ups are not too lop sided. I have it now where you get almost every plane thats out there in game but that's causing a ton of problems with some planes just not holding their own enough and pilots cant get past them very well. When its closer to release date I will post the planes that will be included. If you disagree totally with my choices I am sorry but that's the way im heading... very sorry. I would suggest you try the 5.0 out and see if its not more fun than you thought it might be without these other planes. If your still not happy then I understand and hope you will come back as more planes get added.

This release may be a while off so Im not talking this week or that soon. Im going to get quite a bit more info from some people here and try to get match ups that are closer to history but may not exact. Im history there may be a time where the Germans whipped the allieds 10000 to 1 but I dont see recreating that in a game. Who wants to get killed that many times to get past a certain point? Not me. I will have it where you may be fighting for your life at times but not unbeatable.

Thanks in advance to all of you for any help you can throw my way.... :biggrin:

Here are the planes I need help with dates of entry and exit from the war. You can respond here or msg me here at CA your call.

If you have issues with which planes are listed please send me a priv msg and not in this open forum. thank you :cool:

MSTypeH

MSTypeL

MSTypeAO

MSTypeLAO

Nieuport11

Nieuport17

N24

N24bis

N28

SPAD7 (Ateam)

SPAD12 (Conversion)

SPAD13

F2B

Br14

Dh2

Fe2B

Pup

Triplane

Camel (Ateam)

CamelF1 (Mike W)

SE5a

Dolphin

BE-2A

BE2

BE-2D

Br14

Ca3

HP400

AlbatrosD1 (Conversion)

AlbatrosD2 (Conversion)

AlbatrosD.III (Ateam)

AlbatrosD5a

DR1

FokkerEIII (FM Conversion)

FokkerEIV (FM Conversion)

FokkerDVII

FokkerDVIIF

SchuckertD3

PfalzD3

PfalzEIIIO

PfalzEI

PfalzEIII

PfalzEIIIAO

HalberstadtDII

Walfisch

AviatikC2

DFWC5

GothaGIV

Staaken

Just wondering if you were thinking of adding Bort's new Albs?

Just wondering if you were thinking of adding Bort's new Albs?

I sent you a PM on this. Im trying to keep that part of the campaign (which planes are included) in priv msg so we dont get a flame posting started that all the players here dont have to endure. THanks for understanding. :wink:

I am working on a new version of the Fest and I would like to get some info/help from the community.

So..... Below is a list of planes and if any of you can help please give me as an exact date on entry/exit in the war and what you think the planes were it would fly against.

FC, there was a thread a while back trying to establish a working chronology, check it out:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=18276&hl=

Doesn't contain all the AC you plan on using, but still may prove useful. It didn't receive as much attention as I thought, but then again, some data may be slightly controversial and perhaps people didn't see the exact need for it, yet...

I'm sure a consensus can be reached, even if some dates are implemented just for game convenience.

http://www.theaerodrome.com/aircraft/ has some dates of service for a lot of planes. Its kind of hit or miss and sometimes general in nature...like summer 1916...but they have a lot of planes in one place of reference. You can usually Google specific aircraft and find good info too.

Of course Firecage, there is another factor too that effects campaigns in terms of reality as well as start/end dates. That is how common etc planes are. Like most I made mine common or very common cos there were'nt that many others around for that time period etc.

Someone started a list of start/end dates, hope they continue, and look at availability too now we have so many planes. Maybe get consensus, at least in theory to start.