Sign in to follow this  
navychief

"The Last Detail"

Great movie. Saw it back in 73, in the base theatre at Pax River. For those of you who have never seen it, "The Last Detail" is a movie about two sailors who take another sailor to the brig, after he was convicted of stealing. The entire movie is about their adventures on the way to the brig. Jack Nicholson plays a SN1 (Signalman, First Class). He does a very convincing job of it too, and the language in the movie is quite typical of the times.

Chief W.

Guest Ranger332

B-----------Y

B-----------Y

DAMMIT HIS SAYing BYE BYE-----GETUM lol

Hehe, saw it for the first time when I was in Norfolk. One of my old favorites. It reinforced in my mind how sailors behaved, kinda like scallawags and pirates, but at the same time with humor. If ya did nothin else right, ya ALWAYS looked out for shipmates. Maybe I watched too much McHales Navy and too many old war movies as a kid.

Speaking of sailors...

Hey chief, you ever read any of Admiral Danial Gallery's books like Cap'n Fatso and Clear the Decks? If not, look 'em up, you'll love 'em! He wrote 5 books I know of. One was the story of his capture of the U-505 during WW2 from the CVE Guadalcanal. Another was a novel about bein on the brink of Nucleur war, most excellent. The other 3 were tales of Cap'n Fatso, some of the funniest, saltiest humor you ever read.

Take a look at this website...

http://www.sailorrandr.com/milbk/