Sign in to follow this  
wingwiner

Very Important about StrikeFighters SP 5 !

Ive discovered very important difference between Stike Fighters Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 5, maybe 4 also. All ground objects has line MaxVisibleDistance= in objectname_data.ini file. And now, with patch 5, its no OLNY for AI controlled vehicles value and info, but for player aircraft too ! Ive noticed, that I cannot find ground targets in my created missions, so - when I saw an SA-13 SAM launcher it was too late... And - I changed the value from MaxVisibleDistance=5000 to 25000 and the target is visible from very long distance ( in game HUD information ). Its no matter - Visual targeting easy or normal mode - any ground target will be NOT visible and noticed BELOW his own visible value. For example - T-55 tank visible from 5000 will highlighted as target at 5.3 NM , and mobile sam launcher with max visible distance 25000 will be noticed at 26 NM.

Guest capun

First of all a couple of clarifications. AFIK there is no SP5 (yet) the current one is SP4. There has been more than patch 5 also.

You cannot compare SP1 and SP4 since there has been many changes in-between. Fixes and requests have been implemented all along. That also means that some variables names were changed.

The MaxVisibleDistance variable has been there (don't know how far back or if original) and its behaviour has been known. Read one of the ini editing post in the Knowledge Base.

It's a fine balance from the mod designer to set this value correctly, I don't know if I could see a SA-13 at 25 Kilometers, at least not with this old and worn out Mk II eyeballs :)

Sorry, the name of the service pack is :

Strike Fighters: Project 1 Service Pack 4 (v05.15.06) applid.

Excuse me this mistake. But all I said about visible distances is true, Ive checked it again, it works.

Dammit, you keep making me think TK released a new patch.

Guest Saganuay82

Its not even Service Pack 4. Its just a Service Pack and if it had a number it would be 1. It used to be that we had to install 3 patches but then he added them all together and made the service pack. Now we have the Service pack (05.15.06) plus the patch dated 08.30.06 which is the release date.