Hello All,

just a quick question on ploycounts/vertices on ground objects. What is a reasonable amount, for ships versus tanks versus buildings?

Guest capun

Look at the ThirdWire's Exporter notes. Now the notes were done about 4 or 5 years ago, so I would say adding another 50% should be a ballpark.

Now there are a couple of things to consider

- The number of objects that you will encounter. Example you probably see one destroyer and maybe 10 or 20 tanks in a mission, so the destroyer could have a higher poly count than the tanks. I think they used to be a maximum poly count for ground objects but can't remember it. I have played with very high poly count objects (about 25k) and run ok but that is with a upper mid-range system and only one object.

- Some systems may not be able to handle higher poly count objects.

These days my system would be thought of as very low-end, but I've had three ships all approx 20,000 polys happily operating together. Of course, after you add a few aircraft, things slow down a little, but no show stoppers.