Sign in to follow this  
column5

A-4E "Super Echo" Ready for Download

a4ese.jpg

This modification of the stock A-4E represents the first aggressor aircraft used by Top Gun. Essentially a stripped down A-4E with a high performance J52-P-408 engine, the "Super Echo", as it was called, was an extremely capable ACM aircraft. Most of these aircraft were brought back to operational standard and sent to Israel as part of an emergency transfer in the early 1970s, and were replaced at Top Gun by similar A-4Fs.

For this mod, I have increased engine thrust to the real-world output of the J52-P-408 and reduced the aircrat's weight to simulate the removal of the radar and other unnecessary mission equipment. Also, I have set the aircraft's nation to 'Soviet Union' so that you can fly as an aggressor against other NATO aircraft. The "Super Echo" can fly CAP, Sweep, and Intercept missions with 20mm cannon and AIM-9 IR missiles.

Now available from my site.

I gotta say Column, that is a SHARP lookin bird. It's gonna be a part of my SFP1 collection. Thanks! All these new toys and only one joystick... :lol:

Guest Sony Tuckson

I'm giving it a try for some fancy paintings, many schemes adorned those birds..

I gotta say Column, that is a SHARP lookin bird. It's gonna be a part of my SFP1 collection. Thanks! All these new toys and only one joystick... :lol:

Thanks pcpilot! Bananmal's new skins will be ready for download tonight/tomorrow. He has a couple of aggressor skins that are going to be great for the SE.