Sign in to follow this  
ktickner6767

Can't get game to work!

I just downloaded the game from Third Wire a few minutes ago. I tried playing without first applying the patch and the game would crash to my desktop. So, I decided I would download and apply the patch, assuming this would correct the problem, yet the game still crashes.

The error I am receiving states: The application failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll was not found. Please reinstall the application.

I have already reinstalled the application twice and I continue to receive this error. I'm trying to run the game on a brand new fresh install of Windows XP on a Core 2 duo machine and the O.S. is completely up to date. Does anyone have any advice or fixes available for my problem? Thanks! :dntknw:

I just downloaded the game from Third Wire a few minutes ago. I tried playing without first applying the patch and the game would crash to my desktop. So, I decided I would download and apply the patch, assuming this would correct the problem, yet the game still crashes.

The error I am receiving states: The application failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll was not found. Please reinstall the application.

I have already reinstalled the application twice and I continue to receive this error. I'm trying to run the game on a brand new fresh install of Windows XP on a Core 2 duo machine and the O.S. is completely up to date. Does anyone have any advice or fixes available for my problem? Thanks! :dntknw:

Download new (last) version of DirectX.

dll.rar

Download new (last) version of DirectX.

download the latest version of DX like EmlD said and that should cure your problem.

download the latest version of DX like EmlD said and that should cure your problem.

Thanks for the advice guys! That did the trick!

Being that this is my first WWI flight sim, is there any must-have add-ons I should install now? :clapping:

Being that this is my first WWI flight sim, is there any must-have add-ons I should install now? :clapping:

Nieuport 28 :ok::clapping::rofl:

As a fellow recent discoverer of FE (and CombatACE as well), I'd strongly recommend that you download as many of the add-on planes found here as you can. Mostly pretty straightforward. Then you should add the Flanders terrain and the Bloody April campaign.

That's what FE should be about, rather than concentrating on the last 2 months of a war that lasted over 4 years and had aerial combat in it almost from the start.