Sign in to follow this  
jaeger

Need info on differences between Suncom SFS Throttle vs Suncom Combo Crate Throttle

Hi all;

I need urgent information on SFS Throttle vs Combo Crate SFS Throttle.They look similar but they have differences as far as I can see from pics.Two main differences are SFS Throttle seem to have extra buttons on the bottom of the throttle and cable connections are positioned oppositely.On the page I linked below,you can see the differences(only place on the I can seem to find them pictured together I think)

http://www.computerpartner.no/Suncom/Suncom_combo.htm

Is SFS Throttle superior model to the throttle found in the Combo Crate(above page says they are both SFS throttles???) or does it have superior programming capabilities??If anyone has info can you please help me?I'm just interested in the diferences between the throttles.One more thing to ask,Is it possible to connect F-15E Talon to Combo Crate(comes with SFS Flight Controller) throttle?.

Any help is appreciated.Thanks.

I had the Suncom setup and loved it when they were new. Over time, the actuators (cant remember the actual term) wore out as they were plastic. I tried replacing them once with some free items sent from Suncom, but it was never the same. Last I heard, Suncom went out of business, so support is not provided if something breaks.

The Crate Combo included the SFS Throttle, but was coupled with the lower end F-15 FC stick and not the top of the line F-15E Talon. The difference being less programable buttons and a lack of the Castle HAT switch.

I replaced them with CH Products HOTAS and am getting some good use.

Good luck!

Storm

Guest Bounder

I think they are gone bye bye,I had one of the combo crate loved it ,but it finally "played out" Still have it some where in storage somewhere. mine did have the Castle HAT switch.

you can also scavenge parts off eBae as well...found one in not bad shape for a dollar, plus six for a box / stamp. the Talon is the way to go if you want something that looks the part, but honestly if you want functional / durable without selling narcotics to fund it, then may I recommend the Saitek...sure they look like Buck Rodgers, but have had one for many years now and so far, so good.

of course USAFMTL is rather partial to CH Products and they are mighty fine, it gets to be personal

I know not what you asked, but honestly am wondering where you managed to find two complete rigs to be concerned about comparing...and if they have an extra Talon and split throttle rig, let me know!