Sign in to follow this  

Having just started a project to model both versions for FSX I now know far too much about Buccaneers!

That's a good thing to know too much about Skip !

That's a good thing to know too much about Skip !

True although I worry I know more about it than the aircraft I actually fly!

Having just started a project to model both versions for FSX I now know far too much about Buccaneers!

Skippy,

Any chance they'll be ported for TW? Would definitely encourage me to create a post-1964 version of Eagle............. angled flight deck, Type 984 radar, Seacat, etc., etc............. you know the routine. RN's finest fixed-wing carrier.

Hinch,

If there isn't one available for the TW series by the time it's finished then it'll probably happen! By the way, have you ever seen the documentary Warship Eagle, filmed on-board whilst crossing the Indian Ocean to Singapore in I think '66?

Actually it was wishful thinking thanks to GIMP :biggrin:

There isn't an SR-71 in game yet that i know of.

Actually, our Italian Ministry of CA Aircraft Production is slaving away on one and it will be sweet..............................lol

Buccaneer is an amazing aircraft (RAF should have had TSR-2 though!) can't wait to fly it.

Sr-71 will be amazing... will the MiG-25s be clever enough to catch it or will the AI fly too low?

- Alex

If the Buc gets low, she'll wiggle her shapely hips and dissappear into the hills.................................beautiful sight coming and going!

:rolleyes: aaahhh!!!....just wondering!

Hey What if's are available for download!!!! :yes:

:tongue:

Hinch,

If there isn't one available for the TW series by the time it's finished then it'll probably happen! By the way, have you ever seen the documentary Warship Eagle, filmed on-board whilst crossing the Indian Ocean to Singapore in I think '66?

No I haven't. Any good? Perhaps I'll do a YouTube search and see if there are any clips.

Great links.

Thankyou for the heads up. :good:

The Editor,

That's the one! I somehow got the whole thing on DVD which made entertaining viewing on my last ship, along with a 20 minute documentary called The Buccaneers which must have been filmed on Eagle about the same time as it uses S.1s, but is in colour. After watching it everyone wanted to join that navy, not the one we ended up in!

Aside from the Vixens on Hermes........... what struck me was the sequence of Scimitars landing. Yikes! Such a large heavy plane on such a small flight deck! No wonder so many were lost during operations. And apparently, Victorious was lending aircraft, as some of the Scimitars in the take-off shots have her identification code.

The Editor,

That's the one! I somehow got the whole thing on DVD which made entertaining viewing on my last ship, along with a 20 minute documentary called The Buccaneers which must have been filmed on Eagle about the same time as it uses S.1s, but is in colour. After watching it everyone wanted to join that navy, not the one we ended up in!

"The Buccaneers" is part of a DVD called "Fly Navy", which I bought a few years ago. It has some great colour footage of the Eagle. The other film on the DVD is action from the Ark Royal in the mid seventies, plenty of Phantoms and Buccs.

The both DVDs are now rare and are not made anymore, but you might get them from here:

http://www.eavb.co.uk/video/dvd/rnindex.html

It seems "Fly Navy" is sold out there, but not here:

http://www.navybooks.com/asps/Extra7.asp

Edited by The_Editor