Does anyone know how to edit STR files? I have searched on this forum and on the internet but I have made no progress in finding out how to do it.

I am trying to do my own medal and rank award screen and need to update the STR files in order to do this (or so it seems).

Cheers all.

I think STR are closed to modding, but wait for the real modders to weigh in about this. I'd like to change the ground-air and air-air chitchat text lines to metric for when flying a metric environment, and I don't have sound on my computer (..and won't hehe).

I have seen some model packs which modded the STR files. I would have thought that there was some sort of program out there that could enable editing?

I wouldn't have thought it would be hard to do assuming you had the proper program, which I haven't been able to find.

Does anyone know of a program that can open and edit STR files?

I asked the question over at the TW forums some time ago and was told that STR files are just string files. You can easily open them up in Notepad. The only thing I noticed unusual is some strange characters at the front of the file...otherwise, it's plain text.

FastCargo

Opening is not the same as changing.

You can't change the STR files in a text editor and have them work. TK said this is closed to modding.

These are not text files the common simmer is used to.