Sign in to follow this  
Veltro2k

Terrains after the patch

Boy, to I remember getting my ass handed to me on the Ladder! :rolleyes:

Good to see you over here now Gregory! We sure could use FM people!!

Wrench

kevin stein

I don't think I've seen an Air Combat Ladder that has come close to the quality of players and admin's. The format could be used with WoX, wouldn't that be fun?

When TK removed the auto-trim thingy it made the WoX family a sims something I could work with. As I'm finding out, its FM is the best of the retail sims. Oleg's is still a simple force model, Shockwave/A2A is arcade. My interests are what BFM issues did the pilots face(d). I want to know how the planes flew, not what someones impression of how they flew.

What is really cool is DATCOM removes the bias we see in the current retail stuff (WW2 aircraft). And even better is the unique qualities and feel are there. You don't have to fudge anything to get them to show. I've done over 200 DATCOM FM's using CFS3 as the sim and it is amazing. Fighters have a nimble feel and fully loaded bombers feel like you are flying a large building. :biggrin: But, the most common thread is they are all easy to fly (within the normal flight envelope). Also, in my research I've figured out how to get a 6-DoF FM to spin. We no longer need a canned spin routine (which brings in someones opinnion again).

My focus will be WW2 for the time being.

Wrench, I've tried to get access to the A-Team site but never get the email password back. I want to do a Fw190D-9 to play with the Mustang and check on the AI.