Sign in to follow this  
ChrisBV

Awful CTD for nothing

I don't know why but I want to play the game and by hitting "Instant Action", "Single Mission" or "Campaign", I get a black screen and an error message which I can't see without exiting the sim. All I can retrieve from it is:

Strike Fighters: Project 1 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please tell Microsoft about this error

Wow, that's useful...

Last thing I remember is rebooting by accident after firing up the game. Please help! Did my sim die on me or what? :sorry:

Edited by ChrisBV

It sounds to me like a file or a part of one is scr00d up. You could look through the events viewer in admin tools, but you know how that goes. Id try a re-install.

Yeah, well... had to reinstall the whole bloody thing, it works fine now (also made a backup of my installation, just in case...).