Sign in to follow this  
spitfire ace

B-17 the mighty 8th

post-24696-1226473997_thumb.jpg Go to Google and type in addons for B-17 Flying Fortress the Mighty 8th.Many of the sights have gone link dead but you may still be able to get all the programs required to add skins.If you have never done so I can tell you it is a intensive job even to learn to add skins in that game so good luck.
  • Like 1

Found what your looking for.http://glewis.us/v7th_Recon/helplinks.htm

First your going need the OMF Utility and the OMF Manual that goes with it.Go get those at that last web sight I gave you,and we'll see if we can't get your skin installed.

Edited by gumpy

Don't worry about that message.What you going to do now is go to explore and get into your program files,then your going to go to the microprose folder and open it up.It should have your B-17 game in there.Open it up,now left click on the OMF program and drag and drop it in there.When you have that in there you will be able to open up all the game files with OMF by right clicking -open with OMF.so go ahead and try it and let me know what happens.If you don't know how to get to explore here's how right click on Start.

That's fine now lets go into the Resources folder,then the Media folder,right click on the B17 Data file it should bring up a box of options click on open with- the OMFMod should be in there.Give it a try and let me know if it's there.

Well that's good! now open up the olive drab skin you downloaded and drag and drop all the files into the media folder,let me know when your done.

Yep they are TARGA files.Ok now that you have those in there open up the Aircraft file with the OMF utility - Drag and drop one at a time all the new skin TARGA files into the large empty box at the lower right hand corner of the OMF utility each time you do go all the way down to the bottom of the utility and click on Save Changes.let me know when your done.

Yes they turn red when you change them.Well you should have your olive drab skin installed.Now before you start the game by just clicking on your Icon- instead click on the B17setup Icon in the B17 folder go to Options and delete the Graphics Cache and then go down and click on Play B17 you should see your new skin in game.Hope this helped good luck.

This is just a thought and I was just assuming,but do you have your game patched to 1.0?

Reinstall patch to 1.0 get the patch from the last websight I listed then try it all over again.Sorry man that really sucks,but as we all know it's the life of a simmer.