Sign in to follow this  
Mike Dora

New Patch Issues

Is anyone else suffering from missing rudder stripes on Camels and the SE5a with the new patch? Any solutions suggested?

Also, I have to say that I'm not too sure about the accuracy of having _only_ a blip switch to control rotary engines - most of them did actually have a throttle, the blip switch was an alternative method of cutting off the ignition, most commonly used on approach and landing.

Mind you these are somewhat nitnoi issues - FE is a marvellous sim overall, especially given its "open" design (anyone doing a DH4, DH9, Hannover CLIIIa or Halberstadt CLII? Would _love_ to see those!!)

Mike

Hi there Mike..

I still have my old Wish list for First Eagles, we only need a few of the missing Aircraft now, mainly early types..I think people are still working on a Sopwith one and a half strutter, Poppy was working on an Airship and Voisin if I remember correctly(will be ace!),ill copy and repost my wish list here mate..glad you are enjoying this great game, ive been a huge fan since it first arrived..love it..

A Desert Terrain, for those Lawrence of Arabia type scenarios!!! An Italian/Austrian Front Terrain, A Somme Terrain,Ypres Terrain,Mons Terrain, Paschendale Terrain, a Russian Front Terrain, Tannenberg anyone? Hee Hee..any of these Terrains would be a great help to overall immersion in F.E.

Some more early War Aircraft,Ive seen the post about the Voisin but I was thinking of a Taube, a Bleriot X1, and perhaps a Caudron? (if not, and i have no modelling Skill myself!..does anyone fancy a new project?) I love the F.E. Community and know just how talented some of you guys are with FMs..

I was also looking recently at some Russian Aircraft of WW1 and there are quite a few possibilities and more info on them available on the Net..some potential Candidates could be...

An Anatra DS Recon Aircraft

An Anadwa VKh Light Bomber

A Mosca MB 2bis Fighter (monoplane 1916)

A Sikorsky Mourometz (4 Engined Heavy Bomber, the worlds First, 1914)

A Sikorsky S-16 Fighter

A Voisin Ivanov fighter

Other Aircraft that id love to see in F.E are:

Vickers FB5 Gunbus

De Havilland D.H.5

Sopwith one and a half Strutter

Bristol Scout

Vickers F.B.12

Ansaldo SVA5

Sopwith Salamander

Hansa Brandenburg D.1 (Starstrutter)

Phonix D.III

Fiat R2

Short Bomber

Vickers Vimy

Airco D.H.9

Armstrong-Whitworth F.K.8

Nieuport-Delage 29

Dorand A.R.1

Paul Schmitt 7

Lloyd C.II

Lohner C.1

Rumpler C.I.

Ago C.II

Hannover CLIIIa

Well thats my wish list for Santa!!! lol lol.. seriously though lads, ANY of these Aircraft would be amazing in F.E. Thanks already for all your hard work modders and skinners and I look forward to any new Project developments

All the best to everyone here and long live F.E.!

Rab Watson

Sockboy

Fife

Scotland

Greetings Rab

So far we have a 100% Scottish thread, is this a record? I'm an Arbroathian, though now living in New York.

But I notice that you don't list the DH4, is that because it's already available somewhere, or because (horrors) you just don't want it yourself? The basis of my wishlist is quite simple. We just need all the ac that appeared in the Biggles books..

Mike

Hi Mike.

Hope you don't mind this Sassenach butting in, but regarding the missing rudder stripes, I just wanted to say that I was getting it too, until TK issued the November 08 patch.

At that point I decided to do a completely fresh install, rather than just overlay that patch over the October one. It seemed to work 'cause I haven't come across the problem since.

Hope that helps.

Bucky.

Hiya Mike!! Hi Bucky mate...

Hope you are both well..greetings to a fellow Scot and hello again to all our English and American friends and Comrades in F.E...Salute!!!

Im ashamed to say Mike that..i just forgot to mention the old DH4!!! (aye, shoot me now! lol) There is a DH2, an FE2B and a FE8 but alas no DH4..thats another to add to my list then! lol..Hope you are having better weather in New York than we are having here in Scotland mate!!!

All the best...

Rab ;0)

Fife

Hiya Mike!! Hi Bucky mate...

Hope you are both well..greetings to a fellow Scot and hello again to all our English and American friends and Comrades in F.E...Salute!!!

Im ashamed to say Mike that..i just forgot to mention the old DH4!!! (aye, shoot me now! lol) There is a DH2, an FE2B and a FE8 but alas no DH4..thats another to add to my list then! lol..Hope you are having better weather in New York than we are having here in Scotland mate!!!

All the best...

Rab ;0)

Fife

'fraid not Rab,

It's a fell dreich day the noo

For all our non-Scots readers, one of the advantages of being a Scot is that you can communicate in clear with a fellow Scot and nobody else has a clue what you're on about - call it an alternative form of comsec..