Sign in to follow this  
Sakai

IL-2 is ruining my life....again

I would say that the AI is okay, yes, there are several problems, but nothing making the game unplayable.

I'm a quite crappy pilot, but I managed to escape from a low-level dogfight with two Bf 109F on the tail of my MiG-3, and actually reach my home plate with a plane in working condition (a few holes there, some broken glas, a tiny smoke trail, but nothing serious).

Needless to say, next time I tried it I was overconfident and ended up crating a nice big hole in the ground.

Don't things ever change? I remember over ten years ago waiting for 'Aces Over Europe'. When it came out the AI aces could do things like hover, fly backwards, and they NEVER shot unless they were guaranteed a hit. It sucked.

IL-2 has the same problem after seven years of new versions and patches?

I played IL-2 for a short while years ago and remember AI planes out-climbing and out-turning me that SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO IT. So I quit.

I just bought 1946. Maybe I shouldn't have bothered.