Sign in to follow this  
CowboyTodd41

Sea Harrier Frs.1 Anti-shipping Story

DISCLAIMER: I know nothing about how the RNFAA works so anything I wrote is probably wrong, but it's still entertaing...right? :unsure:

Situation: January 17, 1983, 05:25 Hours. A lone cargo ship harboring a group of terrorists and their gear is leaving a port in the Baltic Sea. The HMS Invincible is cruising in the vicinty and has been asked to use it's "Powers of Persuasion" to get the ship to turn around to port so the terrorists can be aprehended by the proper athourities.

ROE: Raise the ship on the radio. If the ship does not turn around you will be instructed othwerwise.

Breifng Note:

FR: COMNAVAIRBAL

TO: HMS INVINCIBLE

1. CARGO SHIP CONTAINING THREATS IN BALTIC SEA NEAR ROSTOCK BRD

2. IF SHIP DOES RESPOND TO COMMANDS USE AIRCRAFT TO PERSUADE SHIP TO RETURN TO PORT

3. IF SHIP STILL DOES NOT RETURN TO PORT SINK HIM BEFORE HE REACHES INTNL WATERS

4. GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY HUNTING

COMNAVAIR OUT

As I'm sure you can tell, the boat didn't respond to commands. My wingman and I were dispatched to the area the get the boat to return to port, hopefully without a shot fired. We made our first pass over the bow of the boat to get a good look at him, lights off to wake the buggers up.

img00011.gif

After my first pass, I saw most of the crew scramble up on deck, I decided it was time to use my "Powers of Persuasion."

"White 2, Cover me."

"2, Roger that."

I flew past his port side showing my spread of Sea Eagles and Sidewinders, lights on so they knew where I was. I really thought this would make them think twice. However when you deal with criminals, you don't really get the smartest bunch of the lot. One track mind and all that you know.

img00012.gif

I flew around and watched as the ship maintained it's course towards the end of the bay. I guess a few million pounds can really make a bloke do crazy things. Like not listening to the power of Her Majesty's Royal Navy. I decided to fly past his port side again in case he didn't see me the fisrt time <_<

img00014.gif

I was now getting slightly frustrated with the ship still on it's course. I decided to try to make sure they knew just how serious I was about my chosen occupation. I came accross fired a burst of twenty millimeter across his bow. And yet still he stayed on course. By now I couldn't decide wether he was incredibly brave, or incerdibly stupid.

img00015.gif

That's when the call came in...

"White Flight, this is Rabbit Control, weapons free, I repeat, weapons free, happy hunting White Flight"

"Rabbit Control, White Lead, roger that."

I armed my two Sea Eagles and flew well back over land to give me a better firing position.

img00017.gif

I got into my firing postion and locked up the boat on my radar.

img00018.gif

I pickled the missle and watched as sped away towards the ship.

"White Lead, ONE AWAY!!"

img00019.gif

img00020.gif

img00024.gif

I hit the ship's bridge on the port side, and watched her burn.

"White Lead, Direct Hit! Target Destroyed!!"

img00025.gif

img00026.gif

"2, Roger that."

"White Flight, all right let's go home and have tea. We deserve it."

"2, Roger that!"

img00027.gif