Sign in to follow this  
gaw

wrong forum

shoot me if you will......but remember the CFS 3 stuff that carried us all forward for years? ETO has been updated to 1.20 with some drop dead gorgeous work by a lot of our fellow simmers and is totally great.....as significant and lovely as all the work the devs have made available to us here with OFF........BHAH is the most absorbing, complex evolution in this marvellously evolving game, enough stuff to absorb and appreciate for years.........but I thought ETO worth mentioning here...at the risk of censure given the recent divide......knowing that there's probably more than one of me who follow, fly, and remember both.

shoot me if you will......but remember the CFS 3 stuff that carried us all forward for years? ETO has been updated to 1.20 with some drop dead gorgeous work by a lot of our fellow simmers and is totally great.....as significant and lovely as all the work the devs have made available to us here with OFF........BHAH is the most absorbing, complex evolution in this marvellously evolving game, enough stuff to absorb and appreciate for years.........but I thought ETO worth mentioning here...at the risk of censure given the recent divide......knowing that there's probably more than one of me who follow, fly, and remember both.

Is it at all buggy? Straight forward installer? Where's the download at? :yes:

Is it at all buggy? Straight forward installer? Where's the download at? :yes:

not at all...........just takes a while to do it's thing....be patient...let the installer work......takes a while but the screens,directions come up perfectly and well worth it too....here's the link.. http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?autocom...&showcat=10 ..just as perfect as all our OFF updates and damn near as good!!!

not at all...........just takes a while to do it's thing....be patient...let the installer work......takes a while but the screens,directions come up perfectly and well worth it too....here's the link.. http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?autocom...&showcat=10 ..just as perfect as all our OFF updates and damn near as good!!!

A whole lot of confusion on that link. v1.10, v1.20, v1.02...what's what? :dntknw:

its 1.0 first...1.2 next,,,,and 2.0 last...

But if you think that was confusing,,,wait till you get to the readme....

but,,,i did get the dl's....as soon as i have a chance,,will give it a go

Edited by sitting_duck

I have it all up and running, sliders maxed out. If it wasn't for the terrain & scenery I'd call it top-notch. As it is I find the lack of a believable ground rather off-putting I'm afraid. It's like flying over a billiard table with the occasional shrub.

Downloading now...opinion to follow!...Good to see that the CFS3 engine can be used for other things as well as OFF... I guess

My apologies, there's a seperate set of sliders within the game. Put those up to max and no more billiard-table. :good:

I thought the Me110s were a bit optimistic, then I took on some He111s. Bloody hell, they dogfight like 109s! :rofl:

It looks very very good, but with bombers behaving like that it's not my particular cup of tea.

Yes, downloaded and played..quite impressive (few well known names in the developers list I see)

Lovely looking aircraft, with a huge choice!..... Perhaps we have been thoroughly spoilt with OFF (in fact I know we have) but this still feels like CFS3 with nice aeroplanes!...whereas OFF has no feel of CFS3 about it at all..(God, I am sick of screaming that from the rooftops to my CFS3 hating buddies who wont take the plunge with OFF!!!)

Now..If we had a WW2 sim, on the same lines as OFF.... I would go out and buy it immediatly!!

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Yes, downloaded and played..quite impressive (few well known names in the developers list I see)

Lovely looking aircraft, with a huge choice!..... Perhaps we have been thoroughly spoilt with OFF (in fact I know we have) but this still feels like CFS3 with nice aeroplanes!...whereas OFF has no feel of CFS3 about it at all..(God, I am sick of screaming that from the rooftops to my CFS3 hating buddies who wont take the plunge with OFF!!!)

Now..If we had a WW2 sim, on the same lines as OFF.... I would go out and buy it immediatly!!

yeah..........me too. I think it's OFF's fantastic campaign engine that serves up variables every time out of the chute that makes it such an amazing change up.....it's built on the same blocks but feels real. And yet ETO has no lack of beautiful planes, airfields, and effects...and great missions. Thanks to all of 'em who do this stuff.....such a treat to fly. Cheers....GAW