Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Yuk!...

I don't know who to feel more sorry for..... my campaign pilot?...or the unfortunate enemy pilot, who leapt from his burning machine, and would have almost certainly come to grief on my spinning propeller!

All happened too fast for a screenie, but I imagine it might well have occured in history at some point! :blink:

I can remember coming across a comment by one of the British aces - McCudden, I think, although I can't find the reference - that he got so close to one two-seater that, on landing, he had to wipe the blood from the Observer off his aircraft (actually, it was probably a rigger who had to do that job. But they appear to have been generally a ghoulish lot, liking nothing better than counting the number of holes in 'their' machine and pointing out to the pilot those hits that were only inches away from killing him).

Bletchley

I don't know who to feel more sorry for..... my campaign pilot?...or the unfortunate enemy pilot, who leapt from his burning machine, and would have almost certainly come to grief on my spinning propeller! :blink:

So did you actually hit him? Did it break your plane? Or did you just fly through him unharmed?

So did you actually hit him? Did it break your plane? Or did you just fly through him unharmed?

Flew straight through him..no damage, and he just kept going down

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Lucky you! I'd think 150-200 pounds of meat hitting your plane at 100 knots would probably break something off.

Edited by Bullethead

Lucky you! I'd think 150-200 pounds of meat hitting your plane at 100 knots would probably break something off.

Yeah, besides I think bugs in the teeth are bad enough.