Sign in to follow this  
Bletchley

"Wind in the Wires" by Grinnell-Milne, for Sale £1

Yesterday I picked up a copy of this classic WWI flying book for £1, and as I already have the later hbk edition I do not need it, but thought someone here might like it.

It is a copy of the 1966 pbk Mayflower edition - in very good condition (clearly been sitting o a bookcase for the last 40 years) as the rather poor quality paper is starting to go yellow with age, but the edition is otherwise in fine condition - not at all dog-eared, no pages missing, not falling apart. This is essentially the same as the revised 1971 edition, but without the photographs. It is the first revision of the original 1933 edition, with the escape narrative cut out but with the expanded ending of the later 1971 edition. A good reading copy rather than a collector's item.

I will sell it to the first OFFer posting here, at cost price of £1, plus the cost of postage to anywhere in the world. It it is a slim paperback, the size of a DVD case, and not much heavier - so the postage should not be too much, even airmail (but I won't know how much until I send it, as it depends on where you are). I can accept Paypal payments in £ or $US or Eur.

So, first to post here gets it :)

Bletchley

Yesterday I picked up a copy of this classic WWI flying book for £1, and as I already have the later hbk edition I do not need it, but thought someone here might like it.

It is a copy of the 1966 pbk Mayflower edition - in very good condition (clearly been sitting o a bookcase for the last 40 years) as the rather poor quality paper is starting to go yellow with age, but the edition is otherwise in fine condition - not at all dog-eared, no pages missing, not falling apart. This is essentially the same as the revised 1971 edition, but without the photographs. It is the first revision of the original 1933 edition, with the escape narrative cut out but with the expanded ending of the later 1971 edition. A good reading copy rather than a collector's item.

I will sell it to the first OFFer posting here, at cost price of £1, plus the cost of postage to anywhere in the world. It it is a slim paperback, the size of a DVD case, and not much heavier - so the postage should not be too much, even airmail (but I won't know how much until I send it, as it depends on where you are). I can accept Paypal payments in £ or $US or Eur.

So, first to post here gets it :)

Bletchley

Bletchley,

I will PM you with my details, hopefully I am the first to reply.

Thanks

Rugbyfan1972

Bletchley,

I will PM you with my details, hopefully I am the first to reply.

Thanks

Rugbyfan1972

Yes, you are the first, Rugbyfan - in the post to you Monday, and I will send you a Paypal notification for £1 + postage when I know what the postage is going to be.

Bletchley