Sign in to follow this  
snapple2993

Need Some Help With An Install/uninstall Issue...

Okay, I gave my roommate a simple (shoulda been) task, because I had to run out for a second. All I asked her to do was install Call of Duty so my friends son could play it. I told her to just follow the instructions, ie switching discs, clicking etc, etc. Well I come back and my screen is stuck on some online registration crap, but I cant register, its just frozen, so I have to exit and lose install. I figure I can just uninstall and reinstall, but it wouldnt uninstall because it was corrupted or something. So I remove it completely from the computer, ie, delete all stragling files after I removed the app via add/remove programs. So I try to install again, except it doesnt give me a new install screen, it gives me the standard go to single/multi play/ links/ etc menu. So I tried to uninstall from this screen, no go, it gives the start for windows install then stops. So I try looking for loose files to get rid of it even more (killing that damn menu). I couldnt find anything by searching for CoD or Activision.

All I get is the standard go to play menu, but the game isnt on disk. How do I fix this? All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Help!, I've got a 10 year old brat demanding to shoot something!

<C>

Jason Saffell

Make sure that all background progs are closed out or disabled like Anti-virus. That does the trick for me. :) Good luck.