Sign in to follow this  
pcpilot

SF2 Menu screen Pack

SF2 Menu screen Pack

-SF2 Menu screens and icons-

This pack includes all the menu screens and icons you need to turn SF2, or any version of Strike Fighters into a WW2 Pacific air war install. What it DOES NOT include are campaign or instant action inis, or the icons for the in-game map. I decided this pack was enough as there are already some excellent files of that nature available on CombatAce website. I highly recommend Baltikas' campaigns for a start. Also check out Dfangs' in-flight map icon packs located here... http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=1829

To install, simply un-pack the menu and flight folder into your SF2 mods located here for WinXP...

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2.

If You are running Vista or Win7, then this is the File Format.This is where you should find your "Mods" folder.

<User Name>/Saved Games/ThirdWire/StrikeFighters2 PAW/Menu

Also, for the initscreen, you need to do this...Go to your main install of the game. Mine is here...C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2 PAW. Place the INITSCREEN.bmp in the Menu folder. Then, go back out of the menu folder and rename your StrikeFighters2.ini to whatever you have called your exe for your PAW install. Mine is StrikeFighters2 PAW.ini. I then opened the ini and added the following line under the [sTARTUP] heading...LoadingScreen=Menu\INITSCREEN.BMP. It should look like this...

[startup]

IntroMovieList=

LoadingScreen=Menu\INITSCREEN.BMP

StartupScreen=MainScreen

Keep in mind this isn't all the screens in the pack, just a sample. Hope ya like 'em. These files are released under the CombatAce Freeware Licensing agreement. You are free to modify these files and use them as you wish as long as the files are not used in payware of any kind. If you use them, please remeber to give credit. These files are released to a great community of simmers at CombatAce and SimHq. Have fun and God bless.

Jeff "pcpilot" Gerald

Version Notes:

Ver.1.1 Changed file format to jpg. Also added initscreen.

Ver.1.2 Added Campaign screen, loadingscreen, and loading wav.

Quoting and seconding Squid:

shouldnt this go to a new SF2 menu files section ?

Very nice menus PCPilot by the way.

Screens updated to jpg format. I have also added an "initialization" screen and an updated and corrected readme file.

FYI, I realized I somehow missed a screen; the campaign screen, which I have made already. I will add it and a loading screen here shortly. I am also adding a basic campaign to go along with the screens and some period menu music that really adds a 40's "flavor". This music will replace most of the music used by thirdwire. The crash of guitars, etc. seems a bit out of place in 1941... :biggrin: The screens you can right click I think and save the campaign screen to your menu folder and the loading screen to your flight folder.

post-66-0-79335200-1356877327_thumb.jpg

post-66-0-06243300-1356877354_thumb.jpg

Edited by pcpilot