Sign in to follow this  
b.rust

Coolie Hat sensity

Hey guys,

this is my first post in this forum. And my first question is, if I can adjust the sensity of my Cooliehat?! I know that it's possible in FreeFalcon 5. I hope that it's possible, because at the moment it takes to long in a dogfight to look around (my opinion)...

greetz,

b.rust

//edit: What do you think is better: The "classic" FalconAF, FreeFalcon or another game?

Edited by b.rust

Hey guys,

this is my first post in this forum. And my first question is, if I can adjust the sensity of my Cooliehat?! I know that it's possible in FreeFalcon 5. I hope that it's possible, because at the moment it takes to long in a dogfight to look around (my opinion)...

greetz,

b.rust

//edit: What do you think is better: The "classic" FalconAF, FreeFalcon or another game?

Welcome mate! Glad to see some interest in this sim. I have recently downloaded Free Falcon 5, Free Falcon 4 (known as Red Viper), Open Falcon 4.7 and have already sourced AF disc.. lo and behold, turned out I had a long forgotten second hand F4 disc from years ago, sans manual unfortunately. As to which is better, I understand that it is a simple case of none is better per se, but that each has something that the others lack, with Open Falcon being the most obsessively detailed simulation in the true sense of the word simulation. Free Falcon is not at all far behind in terms of simulating almost everything and is light years ahead in terms of graphics whereas AF gives you a much easier learning curve with the advantage of a much more stable (as in less likely to crash) experience.

As I have not even begun to fathom the controls of any version yet, all of the above is taken from reading tons of forum pages discussing the pros and cons, perhaps the most succinct being post #5 here: Which one is better?

Could the coolie hat sensitivity be configured through the controllers settings? I seem to remember setting up sensitivity and button sequences outside of games with both Sidewinder and Logitech controllers from configuration menus accessed in XP Control Centre.

What Joystick are you using? Have you tried Track IR type stuff? How are you finding the learning curve? Have you actually completed any missions? I'm so excited to do all of this myself soon for all Falcon based games and DCS Blackshark, if only could get some more freeeee time!!!